Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need some photos or advice. which way does the bend go? up or out? I set mine so the bend is going out but know I am second guessing thinking it should go up. I can not find a single photo anywhere. thanks

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
what are the odds that I would answer this question twice in 30 seconds

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the odds that I would answer this question twice in 30 seconds
not asking about bushing but bar itself. thanks.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I have never actually seen it run offset like that. turn it till it clears everything, mechanically it is still a straight line so it wont matter. I wouldnt offset it too much though, turning it forward will induce misalignment in the bushing. They are generally designed to be run with the trackbar perpendicular to the bolt axis.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never actually seen it run offset like that. turn it till it clears everything, mechanically it is still a straight line so it wont matter. I wouldnt offset it too much though, turning it forward will induce misalignment in the bushing. They are generally designed to be run with the trackbar perpendicular to the bolt axis.
ok I am not following. should I turn the bend upwards a bit? thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can orientated anyway you want as long as it clears everything.
I think most people have it set with the bend back and slightly up.
bend back? I dont think it would fit with the bend back. I would think it forward and slightly up. thanks. you must being working nights too :)

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much upwards do you think?

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have a diff cover ? You want enough to clear it.
just stock one for now going to get another aev when the funds allow. I have it pointed up about 10 degrees so will see how that is. freaking hard to get adjust right with amount of torq needed and no good way to keep the joints from turning I think it would have been better to get one with a fixed end so you only have one end to get right.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
just stock one for now going to get another aev when the funds allow. I have it pointed up about 10 degrees so will see how that is. freaking hard to get adjust right with amount of torq needed and no good way to keep the joints from turning I think it would have been better to get one with a fixed end so you only have one end to get right.
Yep, they do it to allow for adjustment. Once you get the length set, put it in a vice. I plan on doing the same with the RK arms.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I thought I read something from RK about the bend being pulled slightly forward. I need to pull mine forward as it's hitting the top of my diff when flexed.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, they do it to allow for adjustment. Once you get the length set, put it in a vice. I plan on doing the same with the RK arms.
trust me I have it in a vise but 250 ft/lbs of torq even in a vise they twist. Get them lined up and last few ft/lbs they twist. hope the 32 9/16" is perfect lol.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
did two 2.5Rk lifts today and everything went smooth except for the track bars. the joints just don't give me the warm and fuzzies the way they are canted (both ends)and trying to grease them was a joke as the grease just ran right out the zerk. Hitting the ramp tomorrow to see if the track bar clears everything but looks like it should.

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I forgot to add that both axles centered to within1/8" going off RK suggestion of 32 9/16"center to center.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I forgot to add that both axles centered to within1/8" going off RK suggestion of 32 9/16"center to center.
Nice .. The only joint that gave me issues was frame side rear because of the angle. The axle rotates up when lifted, that's why I think it's important to relo the frame side back when you move the axle back and/or correct pinion.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts