Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at either the rock krawler stock mod and then later adding their high clearance CAs in the future OR the teraflex 2.5 and getting their control arms in the future. does anyone have any personal experience or opinions on the 2? does one give more travel over the other? what would you jeep guys recommend to a new jeeper? :punk::Thanx:

·
Registered
89 Posts
This has been beaten to death if you do a search you will come across hundreds of similar threads. I have teraflex and love it. I will be adding LCA's soon though. Probly will go with the rock krawlers because they are more affordable and have a good warranty. Have never heard anything negative about either lift so you'll be good with whichever you choose! Good luck!

·
Registered
186 Posts
im looking at either the rock krawler stock mod and then later adding their high clearance CAs in the future OR the teraflex 2.5 and getting their control arms in the future. does anyone have any personal experience or opinions on the 2? does one give more travel over the other? what would you jeep guys recommend to a new jeeper? :punk::Thanx:
I would probably just skip the stock mod and make it a choice between the teraflex 2.5 or the RK 2.5 flex system lift. Either way you really can not go wrong.

Have never heard anything negative about either lift so you'll be good with whichever you choose! Good luck!
x2

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
IMO Rock Krawler > Teraflex. I have Teraflex and it is known that their springs "settle" over time. Rock Krawler's springs are progressive in the front so they will hold load better. I am going to phase out my TF lift for RK.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
IMO Rock Krawler > Teraflex. I have Teraflex and it is known that their springs "settle" over time. Rock Krawler's springs are progressive in the front so they will hold load better. I am going to phase out my TF lift for RK.

-Dan
Never owner Rock Krawler anything, but your statement is a bit misleading. Progressive or not, all springs settle. Springs in pens, guns, cars, jeeps, any coiled metal spring is going to settle. How much and in how long is a different story.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Never owner Rock Krawler anything, but your statement is a bit misleading. Progressive or not, all springs settle. Springs in pens, guns, cars, jeeps, any coiled metal spring is going to settle. How much and in how long is a different story.
You'll net a bit more than 2.5" with Rock Krawler on a 2 door and it will stay that way. The TF does not. I also didn't say the progressive doesn't settle, just said they will handle load better. Meaning added weight with bumpers etc, they will stay at attention.
-Dan

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Coil wise I like RK. The front progressive coils are great on and off road.

RK 2.5 coils put me near 4" of height.

I still have front TF LCA's and they're beefy. Only issue is the joints go pretty quick. No really a big deal but they should last a good amount longer.

Personal preference my friend. Either will do.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts