Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been pondering whether to get the Ace Engineering rails over the Rubicon rails on my JKUR.

Alternately, I could buy local from JD Murray at offroadarmor but I lose the Rubicon rails as an added layer of protection.

Has anyone here torn rails so bad you wish you had the Rubi rails for added protection?

Has anyone run both combinations on their vehicle and can provide feedback?

I would like to say that I will stick to trails at 6 and below... but experience tells me the Jeep will see the odd 7s and 8s by summer's end. I do not do optional obstacles for showoff but I do plan to do trails where even the "by-passes" are at a 6 or so.

·
Commercial Member
2,059 Posts
Hey Daniel,

I've have the Ace sliders with Rubi rails on my JKUR. Been running them since 2013 and love them. We mainly do 4-5 trails with a few 6-7 thrown in as well. So far I've not even come close to damaging the sliders. I think I might have scrapped the bedlining off in one spot once, but that's it. So, you don't need to worry about the second layer of protection if you pull your Rubi rails off. I personally like the looks of it though and since they are already paid for....

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had the ACE rails and really liked them. Besides offering a step, they were great protection. Practically scraped the underside bare of powder coating (easily touched up with Rustoleum Bedliner). They attach to the body mounts, so they do flex ever so slightly and upon removing them I found where the rubicon rails had been contacted by the sliders (nothing more than some slight marring of the powder coat). Extreme Terrain (forum vendor) offers Barricade sliders which are extremely similar to the ACE sliders and I believe they too retain the rubicon rails.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I beat the hell out of my ace rails at super lift. They dented a bit but held up quite nicely for what we put them through. I would recommend them as they go great with the rubi rails.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Another vote for the ACE sliders. Have them on my wife's JK and they're great. Had 3 sets of the Barricade sliders and eventually returned them as the fit was off.

I have the Smittybilt SRC sliders on my JK and I like them but if I were to do it over, I would've gotten the ACE sliders on mine too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just put the Barricade Rock Sliders on with the Rubi Rails a few weeks ago. I can't say how they perform yet, I just haven't been out yet. But, they sure do feel solid and having the step for folks who aren't 6ft plus is nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts