Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://imgur.com/a/Tnh4f this is a link to the images; there were too many for me to upload from my phone on the app. So, I think imgur uploaded the pictures in the reverse order, so you'll need to start at the bottom and follow my text.
I used 4x2x3/16 angle for the exterior of the rocker panel. You will need an interior plate for these to be solid. For the interior plate I used 4x3/16 strap and had to cut it to fit the interior hump for seats.
I will put descriptions for each photo in another reply.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the finished product for now. I'll be adding some slider bars this summer, but for now they provide enough protection for me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picture-

image-158587858.jpg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so first picture is showing how the interior plate fits. It's a bad picture, so just ignor it, I'll upload another if anybody wants one. Second pic is showing the figment for the rear fender flare. The bottom edge has a bump outward on it that I made a template out of Masonite for an exact fit(last picture is showing the fitting of the Masonite template). Third picture is the template traced onto the angle. The bottom edge of the guard was 56.5" long, so that was my refrance point for the template to trace. Took me around 10 hours to complete this build with $60 worth of steel. If you have any questions ask away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts