Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for body mount rock sliders for my ‘75 CJ5. Seems there are plenty of options for ‘76 and newer. I have duel exhaust running on the outside of the frame, so frame mount doesn’t seem to be an option.
Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
I’m looking for body mount rock sliders for my ‘75 CJ5. Seems there are plenty of options for ‘76 and newer. I have duel exhaust running on the outside of the frame, so frame mount doesn’t seem to be an option.
Thanks
Find a brand you like, I have some modified Warn sliders on my CJ7 but it doesn't matter what brand you buy. All Sliders are pretty much made with 3/16 plate steel or tubing (its the industry standard i'd venture to say). Find a company you want to spend you $$$ with because they are generally in the $350 range and paint them.

I personally dont think any company is going to give you better "performance." However I would recommend that after you paint them you put some marine automotive non skid tape on where ever you plan on stepping. If you dont i hope you think of me if you or a passenger ever slips and falls on your booty when your sliders are slick. Ask me how I know :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
While the paint is wet sprinkle some fine sand on top of the bars and you won't have to find marine skid tape.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My problem is finding sliders that fit the 1975 and older CJ5, sliders for 1976 and on are easy to find.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My problem is finding sliders that fit the 1975 and older, sliders for 1976 and on are easy to find.
If i were you, id just buy some 3/16th bare steel sliders. Cut them down an inch or two on the ends if they dont fit out of the box. Grind down and sand your edges where you made your cuts. Verify fitment. Drill holes in the body. Verify fitment..... Again. And paint em.

Or pay someone to make you a custom set. But i think the above will work. Dont know if this is for looks or recreation. But i imagine the pre 75 and post 75 CJ5s where close in body lendth. The ladder being longer so i think you could cut them down.

There is little aftermarket support for the 5's pre 75. Especially if we are talking custom parts that were not factory. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts