Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me with this question.

Can side steps be used when using rock sliders, Can they be installed together or would it have to be one or the other?
Is there any side step that doubles up as rock sliders as well that anyone would recommend?

Thank you!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Howdy and welcome.

I'm just now going through this situation and from all the youtube vids out there and reading other places side steps and rock sliders don't mix. The steps are always removed before slider installation.

I'm sure given enough time you will get all sorts of suggestions about what is best, but this is what I've done.

First I got these rock rails Smittybilt SRC Classic Rock Rails (OEM Style) - Black Textured (07-13 Wrangler JK 4 Door) 76636 (07-15 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping and then due to the kids needing a step I got these sliders Barricade Wrangler Rock Sliders - Textured Black J100289 (07-15 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping

I'll have to say the way I've been treated a Extreme Terrain you can't go wrong with Ryan. Stand up guy giving us a discount. It might be helpfull to know what model and year you have, but I'm almost sure it won't matter.

Of course your pocket book might have some say so, but if you google Rubicon Rails and Rock sliders, as well as investigate on youtube you will be overwhelmed with options. This particular desicion from my stand point shouldn't be made in haste. It took me a long time to decide on the above option.

At least you have a Jeep? I'm still waiting on mine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just bought the rock hard 4x4 tube slider/step. they make a good step I haven't tried them on the rocks just yet but they seem pretty stout.

image-1933237561.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thank you all so much! I was asking the question bc I'm new to the jeep world and was getting very confused with this subject.

Thank you thank you!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you've got the factory sliders on your jeep, and want to keep those, there are several companies that make a weld on DIY kit that welds right on to the factory sliders.

A couple that come to mind are the Poison Spyder Ricochet Rail DIY kit, and A to Z manufacturing has a kit as well that utilizes a step.

All of the parts come pre-cut and ready to weld on. You would have to either powder coat them afterwards or some other coating. I'm planning on going with the Poison spyder Ricochet rails

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So much useful information! This is very exciting!!! Thank you all do do much, I'm so excited!

I didn't get any factory board when I bought it, bc I knew I would change them out.

image-2822451088.jpg

Here's my baby ❤

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too just bought Wrangler, it came with rock rails. I want to add steps, should I buy 3" or 4" from Smittybilt. Other than the price, is there any significant difference?:pcwhack:

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
If you've got the factory sliders on your jeep, and want to keep those, there are several companies that make a weld on DIY kit that welds right on to the factory sliders. A couple that come to mind are the Poison Spyder Ricochet Rail DIY kit, and A to Z manufacturing has a kit as well that utilizes a step. All of the parts come pre-cut and ready to weld on. You would have to either powder coat them afterwards or some other coating. I'm planning on going with the Poison spyder Ricochet rails
Found atozfabrications jk version but couldn't find a weld on set for a jk with rubi rails.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Sorry. I couldn't find poison spiders weld on kit.

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Another vote for Rockhard. I have the boatside. Maybe more than you want at this time. Contact Jason, thier service rep for more information.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts