Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at Rock Sliders for my TJ, I'm considering a set by 'Taboo Customs'. I know about the Cassidy's, Poison Spyders, Shrockworks, Rokmen ect. but I need them to perform well as steps also. and those above mentioned sit pretty close to the body/tub. the Taboo's seem well made, and sit out a little further. anybody ever had a set, is there something else I should be considering while looking at sliders? thanks

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's a pic of the Taboo Customs Slider. it now comes with a non-slip rubberized coating called Gator hide.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Check out Poison Spyder's Ricochet sliders. I got them because my wife is short and needed the step. They sit out 5" from the body, the same distance as those in your pic appear to. The PS are strong as hell and I love them.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info, I like both of them. especially the PS Ricochet sliders. did either of you install your own? any install tips for me?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Make sure they are air tight that way you can use them as a tank for an air compressor ( air cond is my compressor). Saves a lot of weight and carry very good PSI.

Question about the rubber coated ones??? When you scratch them what do you do? Just re-spray them with black paint??

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have Olympic 4x4 with the tube rail. Pay attention to finish. Mine are glossy and tend to be a little slippery (have not put on the non slip tape yet). I read something on WF that flat finish is less slippery. Also read that you may want to have tub mounted sliders over rail mounted sliders. I think the argument was that if you take a really hard hit the tub mounted sliders may flex but if the rail mounted sliders bend or break you are looking at a lot of tub damage.

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
thanks for the info, I like both of them. especially the PS Ricochet sliders. did either of you install your own? any install tips for me?
Prepped, painted and installed my own. It wasn't all that hard, just took a little time. I seem to recall an article on the internet someplace on what was involved from start to finish. Just can't remember where as it was a while back. Sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts