Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Rocker guards would probably be one of the easier pieces of armor to build. I'd want them to go under the tub all the way up to the door and mount to the tub. Steps are nice but not needed to simplify the build :) Good luck

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a buddy that made his own guards. What he did was, extend the guard an extra 10 inches and have the guys where you buy the metal, put a 65 degree bend in it. that extra 10 inches will cover the bottom of your tub. It looks real clean the way he did it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JeepinDave said:
I have a buddy that made his own guards. What he did was, extend the guard an extra 10 inches and have the guys where you buy the metal, put a 65 degree bend in it. that extra 10 inches will cover the bottom of your tub. It looks real clean the way he did it.
Ten inches underneath? Is it not bolted in? I would think it would bend the rockers in if you rested then on a rock...?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had the same thought but I don't believe he does anything too intense off road so I think it was more for shielding of rocks that get kicked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts