Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a good set of rocker guards/side protection. Around the $200-$300 range. Can someone post some pictures of a few different models? I've searched a lot of the threads and websites, but they all just have pictures from a high side angle. I would like to see the bottom/side angle to see the whole mount and everything. Looking for something similar to the link below, in the up position, but cheaper than 4 to 5 bills.

Thanks for the help.

Olympic 4x4 Products 371-121 - Olympic 4X4 Products X-treme Reverse-a-Bars for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pics, so all that is holding the back of them is the screws into the side under the door? nothing mounting to the frame or anything?

·
Registered
314 Posts
They mount to the body mounts. This is fairly common. It looks a lot like the mounting position of the poison spyder ones I had on my 97 TJ.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They mount to the body mounts. This is fairly common. It looks a lot like the mounting position of the poison spyder ones I had on my 97 TJ.
Yeah I see that in the front, but if someone or something heavy decided to rest on the back of it, wouldn't it just pull out those screws? I don't see where it is mounted towards the rear of the vehicle, other than the screws on the side of the Jeep.

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
Mine are from GenRight. Maybe a bit pricey (about $400.00) or so. Got them from Northridge 4x4 with free shipping. They mount to the side of the tub plus the floor ad well. I can lift the whole Jeep using them to jack on.

They are Bolted on, not screwed.

·
Registered
459 Posts
you can always build your own for less than $100

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i had planned on it, the base I'm stationed at has a Auto Hobby Shop with welding equipment and all, but you can't use it unless you are certified. 4 hrs a day for my Jr and Sr year in HS I went to a vocational school for welding, but I don't have any paperwork to prove that crap now. bummer. Is there a way to build them without welding perhaps?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Those look like topnotch quality! I just wish they were a little lower in price. How do they fit with the fender flares? By the way, I ended up getting the diff covers like the ones you have are your Jeep. The only difference are that they say "Jeep" but made by the same company. Thanks for the recommendation!

Mine are from GenRight. Maybe a bit pricey (about $400.00) or so. Got them from Northridge 4x4 with free shipping. They mount to the side of the tub plus the floor ad well. I can lift the whole Jeep using them to jack on.

They are Bolted on, not screwed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
HardSilverTJ said:
Yeah I see that in the front, but if someone or something heavy decided to rest on the back of it, wouldn't it just pull out those screws? I don't see where it is mounted towards the rear of the vehicle, other than the screws on the side of the Jeep.
They are bolted to the side...if someone is heavy enough to pull out those bolts they aren't gonna be able to climb into the jeep anyway..I've lifted the jeep using them before.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
HardSilverTJ said:
Yeah i had planned on it, the base I'm stationed at has a Auto Hobby Shop with welding equipment and all, but you can't use it unless you are certified. 4 hrs a day for my Jr and Sr year in HS I went to a vocational school for welding, but I don't have any paperwork to prove that crap now. bummer. Is there a way to build them without welding perhaps?
Angle grinder/drill/ 3x4 angle iron
not done, but under $100

·
"Seamed Like a Good Idea
1,200 Posts
Those look like topnotch quality! I just wish they were a little lower in price. How do they fit with the fender flares? By the way, I ended up getting the diff covers like the ones you have are your Jeep. The only difference are that they say "Jeep" but made by the same company. Thanks for the recommendation!
Glad to hear the diff covers worked out for you. .....And yes the GenRights tuck under the front and rear fender flairs. If I remember correctly you have to remove one flair screw on the front and two for the rear. Not to tough if you PB Blast them a day or two ahead of time. :thumb:

·
Registered
114 Posts
TX02TJ said:
I'm thinking about buying those. Can you stand on the rails? Just want to make sure it's sturdy.
they are pretty strong..you can stand on them no problems..they aren't gonna go anywhere

1 - 19 of 19 Posts