Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has any Rockford Fosgate amp installed in their JK, could you post pics or tell me which amp you have and where? I'm upgrading the stereo in my JK and I am a RF fan. I'm going with RF coax in the soundbar and RF components up front. Still trying to decide what to do for a sub. I'm thinking about a shallow mount RF 10" in a downfiring box but haven't decided yet.
I can't decide if I want to just get a 4 channel RF Prime amp or spend a few extra bucks and go with a Punch. I'd like to keep it under the pass seat so I need one that will fit with a single channel for the sub. Can anyone help me out?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
For anyone who has any Rockford Fosgate amp installed in their JK, could you post pics or tell me which amp you have and where? I'm upgrading the stereo in my JK and I am a RF fan. I'm going with RF coax in the soundbar and RF components up front. Still trying to decide what to do for a sub. I'm thinking about a shallow mount RF 10" in a downfiring box but haven't decided yet. I can't decide if I want to just get a 4 channel RF Prime amp or spend a few extra bucks and go with a Punch. I'd like to keep it under the pass seat so I need one that will fit with a single channel for the sub. Can anyone help me out?
I have a RF Punch 1000X5 under the front passenger seat....2 for the front/tweeters, 2 for the crossbar and a sub mounted in the rear gate

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't have any in the JK but have been thinking of the RF PBR amplifiers- very small and easy to put anywhere.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been a fan of Rockford Fosgate for over 25 years, I would definitely spend the extra money and get the Punch line, it's nice that reputable audio companies offer entry level gear, but they are no where near the quality of their mid and upper level lines. Also, my car audio guy doesn't like the PBR line, he said they can run hot and he's had more than a few fail.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a RF Punch 1000X5 under the front passenger seat....2 for the front/tweeters, 2 for the crossbar and a sub mounted in the rear gate
That's the amp I was considering. Does it fit well under the seat?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
That's the amp I was considering. Does it fit well under the seat?
You have to remove the seat to install but no worries there's plenty of space.....I'd say you have a 3"-4" buffer between the amp and the seat....I wish I had a photo in my phone to attach

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What size sub is that? I'm looking at the RF loaded subs and I've read some mixed reviews on them. What's your opinion? I'm a 34 year old teacher so I'm not looking to blow out my neighbor's windows or anything.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
What size sub is that? I'm looking at the RF loaded subs and I've read some mixed reviews on them. What's your opinion? I'm a 34 year old teacher so I'm not looking to blow out my neighbor's windows or anything.
10" (it is the slim version from RF). Someone else in the WF has the same setup but with a 12".....I'm very pleased with the sound, it fills the cabin extremely well. I think I need to add more Dynomat to the rear gate, it rattles a bit with club music.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I've got a Punch 300 Mono amp mounted in my dash under the glovebox for my PA system.

While 300 watts isn't much for a subwoofer, it packs a real punch when hooked up to the PA speaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts