Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a pretty fun trek this weekend but noticed that there are a lot of little rocks collecting in between my rock sliders and body. Any suggestions on how to remedy this?
06 LJ Rubi, poison spyder ricochet sliders.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe try blowing air in there from a compressor? Or if theres a gap on the bottom as well, you could shoot the air upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would remove them and put some weatherstrip between the sliders and body. It won't keep all the dirt out but should keep rocks out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The gap between the rocker and the slider looks excessive. I would clean the rocks out and see if you can't get the sliders to fit the body line a little tighter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya, I don't know why it left a little bit of a gap between the body. The sliders are mounted as per instructions and they even ride a bit higher then I'd like. I'm gonna remove them and clean it out. Thought about rig no lining the body before putting some type of buffer behind the sliders. Any thoughts on that.
I really appreciate the responses so far.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ya, I don't know why it left a little bit of a gap between the body. The sliders are mounted as per instructions and they even ride a bit higher then I'd like. I'm gonna remove them and clean it out. Thought about rig no lining the body before putting some type of buffer behind the sliders. Any thoughts on that.
I really appreciate the responses so far.
I have the same rock sliders and a rubber buffer worked perfectly on mine. I also had a small gap between the body and my rear metal fenders so I used VW bug fender beading to keep the small rocks out.. I'd do that before lining the body.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
52sampson: I just saw some liners on poison spyder website. Are those the ones your talking about?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You might consider remvoving them and the cleaning the rocker and painting the area to rust proof it. Then re-install temporary and drill for four to six bolts common to the slider and tub to pull the top line in. Remove, clean, touch up holes with paint and then install. Then seal the top edge with RTV.

My Savvy armor is so tight air cannot move between the body and armor :) but I still sealed the top and exposed edges with the RTV. I made a very small bead and then wiped it only leaving a tiny line at the interface.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, got the liners ordered today and will start my project on getting these things dialed in this weekend. Thank you all very much for your advice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got the rockers off and found more rust than if like. Sanded it off and repainted. Now I'm waiting on the liner. Also rhino lined the sliders while the were off. I'll post pics of the sliders later.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All done, almost. Gotta RTV. I noticed that the pucks from the BL don't sit flush under the rockers, but no big, for now.
I used the liner, but I am real disappointed with poison spyder at this point. The liners didn't even fit right. I had to trim a lot and the hole didn't Mach up. I wish I would have gone Metal Cloak all the way around.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts