Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For 2007-2015 jeep JK

From Rock slide engineering/Impulse Off Road.
https://m.facebook.com/impulseoffroad/posts/1489263941315229

This brace is to keep your Rubicon/non Rubicon t-case from going BOOM ... Simply put :eek:
A lot of jeepers run aftermarket driveshafts, lack of maintenance, unbalanced, deeper gears (higher RPM's). There's nothing bracing the 2 halves together if something bad like a DS failure were to happen.
$200 VS whatever a new TC cost ... Safe insurance :thumb:

Install (1-10) maybe a 5
Lucky me, I had 2 dampeners attached to the rear of my 07's case. 08 and up, I do not believe have them. (Pic posted red and blue arrow)
Both had to come off.
Plenty of heat/seized bolts, swearing and trying to keep my feet warm (20° outside)
The instructions are pretty clear. 2012 + may or may not need to run a drill bit and tap through 2 upper studs. Rockslide provides the drill, tap, all hardware, and Spacers if needed .
I needed to use 3 of the spacers up against the front in-between the bracket and case.
I highly recommend you run the tap through any unused threads. It just make s**t so much easier.

I ran out of propane .. Driveshaft still has to be bolted up. I only had to remove it to replace the yoke. Most won't need to drop the shaft.

Rust Auto part Wire
Auto part Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system
Auto part Vehicle
Auto part Vehicle
Auto part Disc brake Brake

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
102,442 Posts
Yep, I remember your other Thread, regarding the Dampener, (what is it).

Extra support and protection, is always a plus. It looks like a great MOD!!!
It may also save you some money down the road!

But in 20 degree weather and outside.......:beerme:

·
Retired Moderator
102,442 Posts
It was warm, as long as I stayed enclosed :) I used a pillow under my head too. Hey ... Gotta make due with what you got .. Right ?
Right, and you improvised a solution.......:thumb:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Looks good Ken, glad you could get it on. Like you said pretty cheap insurance compared to if that thing were to come apart.

Just curious how often have you heard of someones TC blowing. I could diffidently see it happening with an after market drive shaft like you said or some fat tires. Just personally havent heard of too many incidents. maybe im oblivious tho... :hide:

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good Ken, glad you could get it on. Like you said pretty cheap insurance compared to if that thing were to come apart. Just curious how often have you heard of someones TC blowing. I could diffidently see it happening with an after market drive shaft like you said or some fat tires. Just personally havent heard of too many incidents. maybe im oblivious tho... :hide:
No... you're right. It's not very common. but It has happened, and without warning

You could say the same about C Gussets.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Interesting to see that John is now bringing these to market through Rock Slide Engineering. I've had one on my Jeep for about six months now. John adds one to each JK he builds at Impulse Offroad. He does very good work. He has built my last three vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting to see that John is now bringing these to market through Rock Slide Engineering. I've had one on my Jeep for about six months now. John adds one to each JK he builds at Impulse Offroad. He does very good work. He has built my last three vehicles.
Wasn't aware of that. John does seem to know his s**t. I've seen a lot of his work.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
You could say the same about C Gussets.
Touche... This may get put on my list probably just not real high up the list with my current setup. Im not built as big as you, everything still seems to be smooth on mine, glad you got it put on tho, I know you had a few issues.

Based off your pics looks like Garage should go on your list as well ;)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Touche... This may get put on my list probably just not real high up the list with my current setup. Im not built as big as you, everything still seems to be smooth on mine, glad you got it put on tho, I know you had a few issues. Based off your pics looks like Garage should go on your list as well ;)
Boy I wish :D neighbors must think I am a whack job. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Here is a picture of mine. You can somewhat see the black steel plate on the back of the transfer case, nestled between those front and rear Tom Wood driveshafts. Its a good idea, a steel cage that reinforces the aluminum transfer case housing.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put one on as soon as I heard about it on R-SE's FB page. Got in on pre-release deal back in September. Since my '12 was fairly new I didn't have too much trouble. Did have to change out the rear dampener yoke though. Good insurance.

·
Super Moderator
8,247 Posts
I am going to ask my shop about this and may do it when I do the driveshafts.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts