Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a roll bar clamp that will clamp over the roll bar and padding. It looks like its around 2.5" does anyone know the size or had bought one that can recommend one it doesnt have to be heavy duty. Ty

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you talking about the 'roll bar' or the 'spreader bars'?

The spreader bars are over the doors and I have put 2.5 inch PVC over the bars and padding, it is a snug fit.

I removed the padding and the bare spreader bars are about 2.25 inch, because that same PVC pipe slides around and I had to stuff it.

The actual roll bar in the back is wider than than 2.5 inch.
Could not really tell you the diameter of that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am talking about the rear roll bar where the driver and pass seat belts bolt to. I am working on my bikini hardtop idea and need a way to clamp the upright of the hardtop (the door enclosure) to the roll bar. i have seen people bolt fire extinguisher to the roll bar so i figure someone would know the size

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are you talking about the 'roll bar' or the 'spreader bars'?

The spreader bars are over the doors and I have put 2.5 inch PVC over the bars and padding, it is a snug fit.
Hey Raoul,

Are those top props under your half cab? Do you happen to remember the length of the pvc running across the top? I'm planning to run the same top next winter and it would be cool if I could get the props ready during the summer. Yours looks very taut and your attention to neatness it quite evident in your id pic. :) Do you have anything propping the tonneau cover?

Rogerf,

Please post some pics of your top when you get it finished.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hey Raoul,
Are those top props under your half cab? Do you happen to remember the length of the pvc running across the top?...
An advantage I discovered is there is no exact length for the pipe. :)
The spreader bars are not parallel.
They are farther apart at the windshield and closer at the roll bar.
The two pipes pictured above are not the same length.
If you place a bowed 1/2 inch pipe in the middle of the roof and slide it toward the windshield you get less bow. If you slide the same pipe back toward the roll bar you get more bow.

I also have a couple under my tonneau cover, not so much for a bow but to prevent a swimming pool.

They are cheap to make, I think the 2.5" x 1/2" T-connector is 3 bucks.
8 foot of 1/2 inch PVC is a couple bucks.

This is an old pic of the top with the PVC.

In the summer I go topless and also ditch the spreader bars.
I remove the spread bar brackets and use a CJ roll bar cover.
I don't drop the windshield often but, when I want it's down in less than a minute.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thank you for all the info and pics, Raoul. I figured I'd have to mess with them a little to get it right. My top is shot but my doors good so the half cab seems a good/cheap option to keep me warm next winter. And, It looks pretty cool on your YJ!

I assume you change to cj covers to lose the holes for the spreader bars and for the color change? Very clean :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts