Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, but I'm a total newb...to this forum and Jeep's themselves. I just purchased a JK a few months ago. The roll bar pads are pretty faded, so I wanted to remove them, wash them, and just spray paint them with some fabric paint to get them black again. My question is how do I get them off?? It looks like I have to take off the rear seatbelt...in which case how do I get those off? Lol.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do zip and velcro, but there are a couple spots in the rear where the seat belts go through the pads with no zipper or velcro to get around it...I can't figure out how to get either of them off. Here are a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about...its 2007 JKU.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
They do zip and velcro, but there are a couple spots in the rear where the seat belts go through the pads with no zipper or velcro to get around it...I can't figure out how to get either of them off. Here are a few pics so you can see what I'm talking about...its 2007 JKU.
You have to unbolt the seat belt from the roll bar, the plastic cap pops off and exposes a bolt.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to unbolt the seat belt from the roll bar, the plastic cap pops off and exposes a bolt.
Right on. Thank you. I thought that might be it, but I didn't want to try and remove those and break them without knowing for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts