Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
shopjeepparts.com....acme.com.....jeep4x4center.com...allthingsjeep.com

the list is endless. sometimes you have to call instead of looking online, some of their parts arent listed online.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just ordered some black ones on amazon. They are rugged ridge. They have grey and spice. you can find them on ebay from time to time as well.

EDIT: Do you have the sport bar or family roll bar?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
On the back side of the roll bar the sport bar goes at a straight angle. Offering no protection to the rear seat.

The family bar goes back then down. Offering added protection for the rear seat.
Since you have a 91 you most likely have the sport.

Now before a fight starts. No factory bar. Sport or family will compare to an aftermarket roll cage

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I always wondered how the engineers thought that the windshield frame would be strong enough to support the entire weight of the rolled-over Jeep... You think they would've at least ran a bar down from the upper supports and tied into the frame. But I guess they were like "naw it's good here put two 5/16" bolts in and it'll hold up..."

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
Actually it does well, the tub nick is getting from me was a rolled jeep (hit a retaining wall at 50) The winshield frame is bent a little but could be fixed and would hold a glass again :).....I have to say I was impressed when I went to pick it up that it wasnt folded in half.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Anywho, To the OP, I was putting my rollbar padding on today. It is a PITA. Mine was rugged ridge. I got most of it on, but getting that last zipper together... well, I hope it gets done tomorrow...

Not sure if other companies aftermarkets are different, but with RR, you have to put the padding in, then hook it up. I think it would be easier as 1 piecee, because excess padding kept getting in the way.

Good luck.

·
Registered
924 Posts
CPLSeraphim said:
Anywho, To the OP, I was putting my rollbar padding on today. It is a PITA. Mine was rugged ridge. I got most of it on, but getting that last zipper together... well, I hope it gets done tomorrow...

Not sure if other companies aftermarkets are different, but with RR, you have to put the padding in, then hook it up. I think it would be easier as 1 piecee, because excess padding kept getting in the way.

Good luck.
I used the rugged ridge padding as well. Mine went on pretty easy... it was summer, I bet the temp is the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts