Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '87 Wrangler and I was wondering if the roll bar out of a 2002 model would mount up without any fabrication?

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
that is a yj roll bar into a yj nether of those rollbars are from a tj.

Look at the mounting feet on the rollbars in the pictures. they are both for a yj. another give away that it is a yj set up is how the back bars connect to the front hoop closer into the center.

The mounting feet for the yj and tj are different. You can see these if you look behind the front seats on the yj and tj. The Yj's mounting feet bolt to the floor pan with a L shape the TJ's mount directly to the floor pan with a flat mounting plate.

Can it be done. Sure. but your going to be doing some cutting and welding. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
oh, true dat. I thought he wanted that style rollbar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the help guys... Looks like I'll just leave the old roll bar in. I just put my overhead radio bar from the 02 ahead of the crossbar instead. Now, another question, do they make adapters for the new style seat tracks out of an 02 to go into the 88? I only ask these questions because I have an 88 with really crappy interior and we go an 02 in at work (I work at a salvage yard) and I was able to get the carpet, all the seats, the radio bar and other things for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts