Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I would say DOM tubing

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
1 and 1/2 -2in is the norm for cages. Though unless your building a full cage from scratch I would personally just run a PSC, AtoZ or Blue Torch additions kit

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I'm looking to do is take the 90 out of the rear of the cage. I'm going to cut it right behind the sound bar and put a 45 degree on it and run it back into the original mounting place. I just wanna know what would be the best to weld together with the stock piece and od width

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
2 inch at least 1/8 inch wall chromolley tubing..I buy mine from a local small airplane manufacturer..that is what they use to build their airplane frames

·
Registered
635 Posts
All I'm looking to do is take the 90 out of the rear of the cage. I'm going to cut it right behind the sound bar and put a 45 degree on it and run it back into the original mounting place. I just wanna know what would be the best to weld together with the stock piece and od width
Sounds like you just need to go to the junk yard and find a sport bar on an earlier YJ. It should bolt right in. Your family style bar is something your can sell or even trade with someone. I am assuming the "mn" part of your handle is Minnesota which is a shame as I would trade you in a second.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
90DesertTanYJ said:
Sounds like you just need to go to the junk yard and find a sport bar on an earlier YJ. It should bolt right in. Your family style bar is something your can sell or even trade with someone. I am assuming the "mn" part of your handle is Minnesota which is a shame as I would trade you in a second.
Im stationed in cali right now but I do have another one in mn with a family cage I could try and get rid of

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
2inch pvc..

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts