Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are my Ohio Jeepers from?! I'm a newbie to the Jeep world and am looking for new friends to cruise around with! My girl hasn't gone off road yet but she is well equipped to.

Brittany @ Carrollton. I'm about an hour south of Canton!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Perry, East of Cleveland.
You find any good Wheeling trails down there? It's dead up here and driving me nuts, I need to move

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perry, East of Cleveland.
You find any good Wheeling trails down there? It's dead up here and driving me nuts, I need to move
Have you heard of Wellsville? I'm not ready to take mine there yet but I've seen plenty of Jeeps down there. I used to take my RZR there all the time and it was a blast though! Trails are wide and fun.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you heard of Wellsville? I'm not ready to take mine there yet but I've seen plenty of Jeeps down there. I used to take my RZR there all the time and it was a blast though! Trails are wide and fun.
I've never been. I haven't done much off roading since I moved here from southern Ohio, and I don't want to trash my Jeep cuz it's the first new vehicle I've got and my dd. And I feel ya on not wanting to scratch her up, my old bronco was rusty anyway so I just plowed through the woods work reckless abandon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought mine last Friday so I'm very hesitant, which is why I want some wider trails to check out. And it's a 6 speed, also the first standard I've ever owned or driven and also my DD. I bet the bronco was fun! There really are a bunch of places around here, but more private owned and get permission from land owners kind of thing. My community at least is very rural, so it's easier to find places to go around here. There's a community called Brush Creek nearby that has creeks and waterfalls and trails that I want to take the jeep to.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never been. I haven't done much off roading since I moved here from southern Ohio, and I don't want to trash my Jeep cuz it's the first new vehicle I've got and my dd. And I feel ya on not wanting to scratch her up, my old bronco was rusty anyway so I just plowed through the woods work reckless abandon.
^^^

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just bought mine last Friday so I'm very hesitant, which is why I want some wider trails to check out. And it's a 6 speed, also the first standard I've ever owned or driven and also my DD. I bet the bronco was fun! There really are a bunch of places around here, but more private owned and get permission from land owners kind of thing. My community at least is very rural, so it's easier to find places to go around here. There's a community called Brush Creek nearby that has creeks and waterfalls and trails that I want to take the jeep to.
Yeah it's all nursery around me and they won't let anyone there for liability reasons. Mine is A 6 spd as well. What gearing do you have?
And if you go to brush Creek let me know, that sounds fun and it would be better with a buddy right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it's all nursery around me and they won't let anyone there for liability reasons. Mine is A 6 spd as well. What gearing do you have?
And if you go to brush Creek let me know, that sounds fun and it would be better with a buddy right?
Whenever I bought the jeep, everything was already done to it. So what you're asking me, I have no idea. It's not stock but I couldn't tell ya much more. As for Brush Creek, it's close by for me. I assume you have weekends off if you're still working in a school?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Whenever I bought the jeep, everything was already done to it. So what you're asking me, I have no idea. It's not stock but I couldn't tell ya much more. As for Brush Creek, it's close by for me. I assume you have weekends off if you're still working in a school?
Yeah I'm off on weekends staring [email protected] . Nice that you got one already done, I'm finding out just how expensive mods can be, I want higher gears but don't like the idea of paying a mechanic $1000 in labor, if only I could get a spare axle assembly so I could monkey around in the gearbox without putting my dd out for a week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm off on weekends staring [email protected] . Nice that you got one already done, I'm finding out just how expensive mods can be, I want higher gears but don't like the idea of paying a mechanic $1000 in labor, if only I could get a spare axle assembly so I could monkey around in the gearbox without putting my dd out for a week.
Expensive for sure. That's why I went with the one I got. I had been looking at quite a few but for the price and what was already done with it, it would have been silly for me to pass it up.

Let me know when you have a free afternoon and I'll take ya to check it out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Expensive for sure. That's why I went with the one I got. I had been looking at quite a few but for the price and what was already done with it, it would have been silly for me to pass it up.

Let me know when you have a free afternoon and I'll take ya to check it out.
Yeah I can't blame you there, I just wanted something new for a change, I usually just bought cheapo beaters and keep em running as long as I can, with the e check here it's definitely a challenge sometimes, or when I break the rear frame off my Tahoe lol.
I'm pretty much free anytime after work, Ive got no life sadly. So whenever is best for you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
E-Check, so you're in PA?
I'll definitely let you know. See how far you are from Carrollton, Ohio or Bergholz, Ohio. That will give us an idea on what to plan out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts