Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down a super steep hill and rolled my jeep nose first onto its top. We turned it over and then it would not start. Towed it home and checked out all the relays even switched them around. Tried starting fluid and nothing. It cranks over just fine. Pulled the coil pack rail and put a plug in. Turned lights off and no spark. No oil in the cylinders either. Is there a switch or something. Ran great until the roll over. I had to cut the drivers seat belt if that matters. Let me know what to do please or try.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but did you check the distributor cap and rotor? My cousin did something similar and that was his problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you checked to see if you have fuel pressure? Since it rolled over, the roll over valve could be stuck on the closed position preventing fuel from getting to the rail.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I did the diagnostic that's built into the jeep and it showed P0320. Im at work so I cannot check the sensor until this evening. I have a motor mount lift, so hoping it just pinched the wires or something simple like that.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I can’t offer any help, but have to say that you are very nonchalant about the roll. You’ve either done this a lot or else you have a very chill attitude about something that would freak most people out!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It scared the crud out of me, The lord was watching over me, but Stuff happens, plus I had full coverage and bought it back for 2300.00 so pocketed 13k. and found all the parts I need in the same color for 1400.00. I don't get shook up easily. plus I didn't get hurt much, other than a sore neck. My Gal was out of the jeep talking to some friends

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I figured it out, it was the crank shaft positioning sensor. it had broke off after the roll. a buddy had a almost new mopar one and gave it to me. so putting it on this eve. Thank you everyone for your help

·
Registered
412 Posts
It scared the crud out of me, The lord was watching over me, but Stuff happens, plus I had full coverage and bought it back for 2300.00 so pocketed 13k. and found all the parts I need in the same color for 1400.00. I don't get shook up easily. plus I didn't get hurt much, other than a sore neck. My Gal was out of the jeep talking to some friends
What happened to the roof and roll bars?

Reactions: Johnboy11

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Factory roll bar didn't do great at windshield, as one would expect once the windshield started to collapse. But it looks to have kept the area above drivers head with a decent amount of space.

Glad you are ok. Sucks about your rig.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
be a change to work up top and not underneath for once, if there was to be a bright side. and glad of no serious injuries.

some piping up those pillars from the frame, at minimum the floor, would greatly help that windscreen from coming so far down........sure there might have been some headroom left, but the glass is in your face like an old VW beetle. and any more momentum could have had nastier results.
it's on my to do list.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wreck

Insurance company gave me 15k and a 2200 buy back, found the parts for it already in my color for 1400.00 both full doors, roll cage with padding, windshield, hood and both fenders and seat belt, door surrounds. my gal got out when I knew I was in trouble. or she would have been hurt prolly. so ya I am upgrading the roll bars for sure. I have to see about the part behind the passenger door. But heck I only gave 7500 for the rig stock with a new top new clutch. Now addons are a different story LOLOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts