Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestion for something to help prevent a new roller fairlead from getting rusty over the winter? I have a cover on the winch, but I remember from my last winch on my truck that the fairlead looked like crap after a year of Cleveland salt. I was thinking of coating it with a light film of grease or spraying it with WD-40 or something. I don't know??

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
electrical tape or duct tape works nicely. my hubby had electrical tape wrapped around his roller fairlead for several years. i wrapped neon pink duct tape around mine :D.

·
Registered
22,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
electrical tape or duct tape works nicely. my hubby had electrical tape wrapped around his roller fairlead for several years. i wrapped neon pink duct tape around mine :D.
Hah! You would! But that sounds like a pretty good idea. I could always use black duct tape or electrical tape to keep with my blacked out theme. :D

·
that's what she said
16,481 Posts
Hah! You would! But that sounds like a pretty good idea. I could always use black duct tape or electrical tape to keep with my blacked out theme. :D
that's the nice thing about duct tape, it come in all types of colors and patterns now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts