Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok fellas I have a 97Tj its had a good run bought her in 03 but Ive lost the rust battle. So basiclly its time for a upgrade as in a newer body and chassis. I have a regeared trany and rebuilt the engine about 2 years ago so i would like to keep them both if all possible. Ive talk to a few jeep places here in FL I live on campus at UNF, So i have limited time and money I can put to this but I need a daily driver. If i can get a few ideas from you guys on where to go from here My girls on her last leg!

Thanks fellas!

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to ask. Are you asking whether you should have a shop do the work or do it yourself?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kinda really if i should just part it? basically need know how hard its going to be to find a rolling chassis. or just buy newer? whats the cheaper better option

·
Registered
830 Posts
You could always buy a jeep with a lot of miles but little rust or any other major damage then swap in the parts that are still good from your jeep. Then part out the rest.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Also, it's not too difficult to find a chassis in good condition on Craigslist. It will require a decent amount of time though, which I know you said you didn't have a lot of.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there any other way then Craigs list I'm having troubles finding anything as in a rolling chassis and body.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My friend has a shop and has a complete rolling frame and body with tittle in near perfect shape. We are in Hendersonville nc if your willing to travel that far. but let me know and I'll talk to him. He will probably take any offer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts