Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a roof rack system. My Rubi Unlimited has the 3 piece hardtop. I think I want a rack that will cover th rear seats and back only, so i have easy access to front roof panels. I don't take the back off as much, but I want a system that would let me if I want to. Any suggestions? Cost? Proffesional install v DIY? Thanks

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling:You might google "JK/JKU roof racks" that'll give you lotta data-

Mine is the MBRP JKU Rack, also sold by Quadratec as the "Off Camber Rack", it attachs to the hardtop and will be removed with the top and make top removal "Duck Soup"--

Will support over 750lbs and sustain over 350lbs during any travel-

Great for camping,RTTs and

Whatever else you wanna carry-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I did the Google and after looking at several, I am drawn to the Off Camber. Does the internal support take up much cargo space? Any leak issues or do the gaskets work as advertised?

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:D Morning WarVet-

Thanks! I did the Google and after looking at several, I am drawn to the Off Camber. Does the internal support take up much cargo space? Any leak issues or do the gaskets work as advertised?
The internal brackets are flush with the inside of the hardtop and they takeup "0" space--there are four seperate supports and they fit straight down to the hardtop corner bolts-

Hasn't leaked in close to 3 years-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just installed the Thule system on my 2012 Unlimitted. Front roof panels not covered for the same reason.
Check out their web site and they will walk you through exactly what you need.
Easy self install. Easy to remove.
Good luck.
Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts