Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone mount ever mount a roof rack directly to the a hard top? I bought a basket today and need to find the frame/cross tubes and i want to mount them directly to the hard top.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Yakima sells a kit and probably thule as well. Nicest direct mount I have seen is AEV but it is $1000

·
Registered
139 Posts
Instead of the Slimline II, I have the other Frontrunner setup, the load bars, with track and feet. It's a pretty stout setup for what it is, while still being low to the jeep. I'll post pics if you wanna see the setup. You could anchor the basket on the load bars pretty easily as they slots accept t slot accessories or bolts for mounting.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Anyone mount ever mount a roof rack directly to the a hard top? I bought a basket today and need to find the frame/cross tubes and i want to mount them directly to the hard top.
I've always like the MBRP Roof Rack System for hard tops. It's compatible with a lot of different accessory carriers from all the top brands.

The Surco Removable Roof Rack is nice if you don't want to drill holes in your top. Let me know if you have any questions or would like a quote!

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts