Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I currently have the Rugged Ridge mirrors installed next to the windshield. I'm in need of a roof rack but notice they all mount in the same location where my mirrors are. Are there any other options or any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Adrian

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey guys,

I currently have the Rugged Ridge mirrors installed next to the windshield. I'm in need of a roof rack but notice they all mount in the same location where my mirrors are. Are there any other options or any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Adrian
Have you looked at the MBRP? ($$$$)

·
Registered
239 Posts
After looking at probably every possible roof rack configuration, I ended up going with rails and load bars. Capacity is somewhat limited compared to some racks...no "official" capacity at all I guess. All depends on what you need it for. But I have no problem with a Thule cargo box with 200#+ in it or a couple kayaks. Others on the forum have done similar setups. Also goes away when the hard top is off. Anyway, I've got a bit north of $500 in the rails, feet and 3 heavy duty load bars. (Would have preferred aero style bars, but my Thule box clamps wouldn't fit around them.) I added aluminum reinforcing bars underneath to add strength.

There were a couple hiccups that I had to work around that I can elaborate on if this is something you're interested in pursuing. Not worth going into otherwise.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I seen a rack set up and I love. It had mirrors locate on it but up high, was a grab handle with mirror built in. Maybe I can find a photo but I do not know who makes it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You would probably be able to get longer bolts and mount the mirrors on the outside of the rack so you can use both of them together

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I am interested as I am going to do the same myself. What "hiccups" did you come across? Was this a kit you bought - rails and cross bars, or did they come separately or did you make the rails? Anything else - tips - hints you can help me with? Appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just installed a Gobi "Cage " system. (I posted a thread on Wednesday)...I also have the mirrors you have and was able to use the "Rack" hardware to attach both the rack as well as the mirrors in the same place. The rack is pricey, but from what I have seen, nothing else comes close....that said, one could say it's over engineered, but I waited till I could get the one I wanted before I settled...That meant not using my canoe for a year, but I thought if I was going to invest in something I was going to have for years, might as well wait and get top quality

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, I am interested as I am going to do the same myself. What "hiccups" did you come across? Was this a kit you bought - rails and cross bars, or did they come separately or did you make the rails? Anything else - tips - hints you can help me with? Appreciated. Thank you.
I'll try to get some details posted over the weekend.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My Rugged Ridge mounts work with my Kargo Master cage. I just used the lower two button head bolt positions to mount the mirror brackets to...you can see them in the photos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts