Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am needing a rack system to install my roof top tent on my 2011 Wrangler 2 dr. I am looking at the Rugged Ridge Sherpa System and want to hear opinions, pros and cons regarding the different rack systems out there.

Here is my tent on my old Land Rover

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have the Rhino Rack Backbone on my jeep. The biggest benefit to me was that it was extremely low profile and still had the full weight capacity that systems like the rugged ridge and the gobi racks have. Mine will be used for a roof top tent as well. Havent gotten the tent all set up because i dont have my hard top on right now.

Benefits: low profile, no wind noise, plenty strong for a RTT

Cons: gotta drill through the hard top, doesnt work without the hard top on.

Nice Tepui! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Rhino Rack Backbone on my jeep. The biggest benefit to me was that it was extremely low profile and still had the full weight capacity that systems like the rugged ridge and the gobi racks have. Mine will be used for a roof top tent as well. Havent gotten the tent all set up because i dont have my hard top on right now.

Benefits: low profile, no wind noise, plenty strong for a RTT

Cons: gotta drill through the hard top, doesnt work without the hard top on.

Nice Tepui! :)

Thanks! That is definitely an option to look into!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
We went with the nebo rack from Tera Flex. We are installing this week. Chose this one due to low profile and the fact that it can be used to take hardtop on and off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We went with the nebo rack from Tera Flex. We are installing this week. Chose this one due to low profile and the fact that it can be used to take hardtop on and off.
Can you post pics when you are done. I would love to see it and compare!

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Can you post pics when you are done. I would love to see it and compare!
Well, as of right now, I am not happy. After working on the nebo all keek in the evenings and most of today to finish There is a problem and only the driver side bolts line up. I had my wife helping and all was fine until the final fitment check. I have looked and can not find any trouble shooting tips on line so will wait tip monday and call teraflex. I can tell you that we double and triple checked each step as we were doing it so we would not have this type of problem, yet here we are.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The Nebo doesn't fit a two door.... Sorry.
@jeepers29 did you leave all the roll bar mounts loose? If you drilled the holes properly and leave them loose, you should be able to get the cap screws into the mounts. Then line everything up and tighten. The front mounts are a very tight squeeze. Get them snugged up, then pull the top and finish tighten after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts