Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey looking into getting a roof rack looked into a thule roof rack, but i do like the safari racks any pro's or cons, i want it mainly for my snowboard and to put a basket on the rack, any help would be awsome thanks

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I also wanted a roof rack on my hardtop to carry snowboards. I ended up going to my local auto salvage yard and getting the factory rack off a ford escape. It fit almost perfect and does what i need it to.
Will a XJ roof rack work also?

The escape one looks similar

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Agreed.. But thanks for the roof rack Idea.. Would have kept my XJ roof rack that I had if I ever had the foresight to put a stock roof rack on my hard top

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk if i'm up to drilling into my hardtop lol what did you do to seal the holes after bolting the rack in?

·
Aka Vaultzz
5,624 Posts
This is cool cause i plan on using my XJ's roofrack on my YJ's hard top once I get a new rack for the XJ :D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
jeepjeep7 said:
hey looking into getting a roof rack looked into a thule roof rack, but i do like the safari racks any pro's or cons, i want it mainly for my snowboard and to put a basket on the rack, any help would be awsome thanks
The garvin rack is solid . Requires drilling but I got around it. I can jump up and down on it and it doesn't move at all. Plus it looks slick

A trip t the hardware store and you can make some Thule brackets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts