Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this video I brought up three major reasons why we chose to install a Roof Top Tent on our 2006 Jeep Wrangler. The tent is a Tepui Ayer. Small but perfect for this size of vehicle. For most of my entire life I have camped on the ground and still would to this day. The biggest reason we wanted to try a Roof Top Tent on the jeep was purely due to space. Jeeps do not have a ton of storage in them to start with a cooler/fridge, tools, cloths, tent, and sleeping gear it becomes easy to see why one would look for a way to organize their gear more. This tent allows use to keep our sleeping gear (though limited because the tent can only store so much, this will be part of a long term review later on) out of the back of jeep freeing up room to better organize what we have. Honestly, we have spent a few nights in the tent and so far we enjoy it. However, we are still unsure if we like it more than the ground tent that we have become so accustom to. What are your thoughts on this? Does a roof top tent help or hurt your storage solution? What are your benefits or negatives to a roof top tent?

·
Premium Member
7,293 Posts
Interesting. hows the center of gravity and feeling on off camber trails?

I have one for my tow vehicle and always meant to make a trailer for it but think i'm switching gears and going the offroad teardrop route.

following for more ideas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts