Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new Jeep owner and have a question about a dial switch on the dashboard. Between my headlight switch and dash light dimmer switch is another wheel switch similar to my dash light dimmer. What does it do? I have asked other Jeep owners at work and even the dealer has no clue. I’ve tried to see if it’s connected to any lights, but no matter how much I try, I can’t figure out what it does? It’s definitely not a dimmer for anything, even though it looks like it’s labeled for the dome light. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It dims the interior accent lights. Try it in the dark you'll see what I'm talking about. It's very subtle.

·
Retired Moderator
100,727 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Or if it’s like mine, it does absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if accent lights and are only available on higher trim levels but the dimmer is on all of them? I don't know, never even driven a JL, my answer was a direct quote from a different wrangler site...

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
I have a Sahara: the dial dims the footwell lights.

If your Jeep doesn’t have accent lighting, my guess is it shouldn’t have that dial either, no?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Read the manual ! Yes, this switch actually does control the accent lights or as some early responders and sales pamphlets refer to as "party lights" . I don't party in my Jeep ,but they do indeed provide foot well and front door interior handle release illumination. As IA Dan states, they are "subtle". Find a pitch dark hole and play with the switch . They do indeed exist and are DIM at best ! I, myself had a difficult time determining if they did exist ! T. J.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only way I could get my switch to do anything is to turn the dash dimmer down. The accent lights will not even come on unless the other switch is dimmed also. Not sure who came up with this configuration, but it sucks to have the dash lights so dim just to see the footwell lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts