Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2018 JK Sport this week and looking for your experience on large dog cargo mats, as well as any dog safety gear when driving topless. Have an 80lb Golden Retriever and we always travel together.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I cut the metal clip from a scrap seatbelt and used a double half hitch to attach a lease. make it long enough for them to sit up, lay down, and move around a little, but not long enough so they can get hurt.
couple of bucks in a scrap yard.
cheap and easy. works good in a car too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea, thank you. I assume you attached to the collar. Wondering if I should build a body harness for better safety (Cobe is a big pup). This is my first time posting...appreciate your advice.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Great idea, thank you. I assume you attached to the collar. Wondering if I should build a body harness for better safety (Cobe is a big pup). This is my first time posting...appreciate your advice.
They make car harnesses. I would not connect it to the collar. My goldens harness was $30 at the pet store, or you can just order it online along with the seat belt leash, they make those too, they are around $10.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 130lb mastiff, and he wants to jump out at everything, so a harness was needed. I hook the harness link in the back to the floor hook with a halter leash so he can get up and down, and sit, but not be able to try and jump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts