Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am tossing around the idea of a rope ladder.due to the fact that everyone that gets in my jeep weights a bit more than 200 lbs and keeps breaking the grab handle clips and I feel my seat has had enough abuse from being pulled on.. Anyway I am thinking of mounting the rope ladder to the tub.. I am thinking metal rungs with a holes on the ends looped into braided 5150 cord or something strong.. What do you guys think

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have the same issue with s few friends and family members and I tried the cowboy stirrup step and found it to be too dangerous for them to use as it moved around and would even slide around on the door sill as they tried to use it.
I use a foldable step stool like in the other post above and it works great. It's extremely stable, provided the right amount of height for my 4.5 lift with 35's and it folds completely flat and fits behind the rear seat. Can't go wrong with that choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tie a couple of paracords on it and you can have them unfold it and lower it themselves

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tie a couple of paracords on it and you can have them unfold it and lower it themselves
My original thought was to do this same thing. And probably if my wife needed to drive the Jeep herself I would do this.
As it is, with her just being my passenger, I hold the door for her, put the stool down and back up as needed.
I'm a gentelman like that :)

On a side note.... I like to check the locations of posters and I had to take a second look at R3dRum's

·
Registered
51 Posts
So I am tossing around the idea of a rope ladder.due to the fact that everyone that gets in my jeep weights a bit more than 200 lbs and keeps breaking the grab handle clips and I feel my seat has had enough abuse from being pulled on.. Anyway I am thinking of mounting the rope ladder to the tub.. I am thinking metal rungs with a holes on the ends looped into braided 5150 cord or something strong.. What do you guys think
I'm thinking about making some grab handles for my jeep out of paracord but I have never been a fan of the clips. I think I'm going to make them similar to the bracelets I have made in the past with a tight fitting loop over a diamond knot for closure.

Not my pic, but I have a bracelet I made just like this. If you pull the loop seems to tighten up around the knot and not pull over it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking about making some grab handles for my jeep out of paracord but I have never been a fan of the clips. I think I'm going to make them similar to the bracelets I have made in the past with a tight fitting loop over a diamond knot for closure.

Not my pic, but I have a bracelet I made just like this. If you pull the loop seems to tighten up around the knot and not pull over it.
I was thinking about doing that pattern as the sides of my ladder as well as upgraded grab handles (matching of course ;) )

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My original thought was to do this same thing. And probably if my wife needed to drive the Jeep herself I would do this.
As it is, with her just being my passenger, I hold the door for her, put the stool down and back up as needed.
I'm a gentelman like that :)

On a side note.... I like to check the locations of posters and I had to take a second look at R3dRum's

I knew it would eventually grab someone's attention

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check out the user ArcsJK on here. They make great quality paracord stuff with little metal d rings instead of plastic clips. I've held my entire body weight in them before. I'm 200 lbs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out the user ArcsJK on here. They make great quality paracord stuff with little metal d rings instead of plastic clips. I've held my entire body weight in them before. I'm 200 lbs.
I was thinking of building my own with a small dring. I just need to know how much weight it will hold.. it needs to hold 300 lbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts