Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey the previous owner didn't rotate the spare so its brand new. The other 4 have les than 10k On them. Should I rotate the spare into the bunch or is the size difference going to be a problem? . When the 4 tires are done I need to buy 5 new tires because I'm changing rim size.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
similar issues here except my spare is a different brand than my other 4 so I'm leaving the cover on till I can buy 5 new tires.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
bobjenkins said:
Hey the previous owner didn't rotate the spare so its brand new. The other 4 have les than 10k On them. Should I rotate the spare into the bunch or is the size difference going to be a problem? . When the 4 tires are done I need to buy 5 new tires because I'm changing rim size.
I would rotate it in. 10K shouldn't be enough wear to make much difference.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone got any info on this? I would like to know my spare tire is useful if I get a flat ! Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd say if you intent to change out all 5 tires anyway, you might as well go ahead and get some use out of that spare. Put your best "used" tire on the rack as your spare, in case you need it.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PatriotNC said:
I'd say if you intent to change out all 5 tires anyway, you might as well go ahead and get some use out of that spare. Put your best "used" tire on the rack as your spare, in case you need it.
Ok it is more preferable to put the unused spare on the front or back? I don't want to run into any problems with binding because the tires are slightly different sizes.

I'm going wheeling tomorrow so it would be helpful to know

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts