Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning my first trip to PA to camp and ride rouch creek in November. Nothing major done to my 06 rubi. Wondering if there is any advise on must have mods? I have not yet replaced the factory skids and think that may be a good place to consider but if I can go as is I probably will. Currently on 33 with BL/bb combo. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Sway bar disconnects for the front and drop the PSI in the tires to around 12ish and enjoy. with a rubicon you can run blues with out an issue. Keep it in 4lo and only use the lockers when you need them.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, I'll bring the blaze orange soft top too! Yea I got the discos and ride fairly often but figured its a new trail and wanted to know if there were any major things to prep for. Thanks for the input so far.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
only other thing If you ride on the northeast side watch for the damn pogo stick stumps they left there when they cut some of the trails. They are axle snaggers

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you see water without a warning sign/name then its up to 3 ft deep. If it has a name it's up to 5ft deep. If it has a warning sign like yes it's deep or deep mud hole it's 5+ft... Learned the hard way recently.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, lol thanks for the heads up on both the water and stumps, that's the kind of jntel I was hoping for!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Overall, is it worth the fee? We plan to camp there too, how's the campsite?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
RC is a nice place to wheel if you don't wheel there as often as I used to (4-6 times a year) it gets a little old after awhile but its still a fun place. I have never camped at RC personally.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking forward to it. I usually hit shoe creek in va and prob 4 or so times a year also so the new landscape will be very welcome. Thanks for the intel!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Overall, is it worth the fee? We plan to camp there too, how's the campsite?
If you enjoy wheeling it's very much worth the fee. It's about as good as legal wheeling open to the public gets in PA. They have absolutely everything from mild to wild, and it will take you many visits to see the entire park.

As far as camping, they label it as primitive for a reason. The camp sites are basically just grassy areas to pitch a tent, there aren't really any provisions. It's nice to be close to the property though, and our club stays there quite frequently during the nicer months. When things start getting really cold and windy we opt for one of the closer motels.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good ol imped lol. I knew id get it wrong. Yea I love to wheel and prefer to camp without frills so sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If they haven't updated their maps yet, J1 is now a blue trail, not a green. It got washed away quite a bit over the summer and is very off-camber. I don't like driving on it because if you roll, it is a long way down. But it does lead to a fun drive down trail 17 that will test your skid plates.

Other than that, just go slow in 4-lo. Bad stuff happens fast. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Rausch Creek is a blast, I get up there with my club about 5 or 6 times a year and the fee is worth every penny. Make sure there is more than 1 vehicle in your group because you are not allowed to hit the trails alone. Also make sure the bring some recovery gear( straps, d rings, jack, first aid kit).

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Can you run the trails with a stock TJ? My TJ is stock for now but looking to hit some cool trails
Heck yeah you can run trails there in a stock TJ. I could run most of the greens there in my wife's minivan if she would let me.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
solman said:
Rausch Creek is a blast, I get up there with my club about 5 or 6 times a year and the fee is worth every penny. Make sure there is more than 1 vehicle in your group because you are not allowed to hit the trails alone. Also make sure the bring some recovery gear( straps, d rings, jack, first aid kit).
Yea, my little group is going. We got 5-6 jeeps from mild to wild headed that way. Fist trip to pa for all of us but we should have all recovery needs covered.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I made a vid of one of our R/C trips back when my jeep was basically stock, kept up with a highly modified YJ .. It's on you-tube. "Raush Creek what a blast".. rubicondon04
We used to go a couple of times a year, but haven't been up in over four years.. Check out the rest of my vids and you'll understand why.. R/C is still a blast, and a great way to test your driving skill and your equipment ... Have fun!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts