Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use these, seen them, or heard any news about them?? I have a 2012 Unlimited I'd like to lift up a bit....

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I was told that the majority of the urethane spacers are made by Daystar regardless of the brand their sold under. I've heard good and bad about RC products. I do have the RC wheel spacers and disconnects and don't have any problem with either. They appear to be good quality. So pretty much, a spacer's a spacer. You may want to research any other components that come with the kit if any.

481 Posts
Do yourself a favor and save up for a coil lift. Rock Krawler just released a 2.5.

Or you can go for the Rubicon springs. This will probably give you a similar lift, but with coils, rather than spacers.

Don't rush in, read some threads, spend your money once and wisely, cause there is so much stuff you are going to want to do. Too much to waste your money on a lift spacer.

Just my opinion. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I installed the Teraflex 2.5 inch spacer lift on my '12 JKUR simply because I could not decide which lift to buy and I had this spacer lift sitting on the shelf. The stock shocks are used with extensions. After trips to Ouray, CO (twice) and Moab I can't find a good reason to get rid of it and buy a spring lift. Obviously it retains the fantastic ride of a stock Rubicon since it uses the stock shocks and springs. Articulation was likely not quite as good as a spring lift but is was plenty good for Moab's more difficult trails. I run 35" KM2s and cannot get them to rub at all. I'm just amazed at this point and cannot pull the trigger to change anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are factory Rubicon coil springs different than say the Sport model?? I'm new to the Jeep world...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Are factory Rubicon coil springs different than say the Sport model?? I'm new to the Jeep world...
What you want are Rubicon springs that are 16's in front and 60's in the rear...

Actually, read the thread below...I detailed how to figure it out for someone awhile back. Even has a photo to help you determine your current spring rate. If you've got fairly weak springs (13/55, 14/56, etc) you could end up with close to 2" of lift for about as cheap as it gets with a Jeep. I think brand new 19/60 Rubi springs from Mopar are $159.

lift kit help

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
A mechanic at Fortec in West Palm Beach told me that there was no difference in compression or stiffness between stock SPORT or X model springs and JKR springs. I was under the impression that a JKUR spring was stiffer and would correct the slight drop from the winch. Thought I could cheap out and try to pick up some front Rubicon take off springs. He suggested an aftermarket spring instead. They do a lot of mods so I assume he knows what he's talking about??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts