Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this? As in ease of install and looks after with the spaces at the bumpers? Was gonna dobtje 1.25 but know I'd prob regret not doing the 2.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Quite the contrary. I wouldn't go above the 1.25" body lift. Personally I wouldn't do any body lift, but for sure wouldn't go over 1.25".

-Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put one on my 2011 2 door. Very easy to do. Mine's an auto trans. The manual trans has an adapter to bring the shifter up to normal height. It took me all of 2 hours to do by myself. A good floor jack, jackstands and some scrap pieces of 4x4 post is all I used.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Edit: didn't read the entire thread. Yea .. 1.25 will get you over 3" with the Rancho lift. What size tire you running ?

May I ask WHY? Makes no sense to me at all!
What doesn't make sense ? Besides how goofy it looks. I believe there's actually issues that can arise. There's really no point I can think of running a 2" BL on a JK. A 33" tire fits stock. Small lift and some light trimming/flat flares a 35" tire.

OP... Do you mean a spacer lift ? RC's budget boost is a decent kit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I'm leaning towards the 1.25 body lift I have the rancho 2 inch. And running 33x12.5. Just looking for little more

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put one on my 2011 2 door. Very easy to do. Mine's an auto trans. The manual trans has an adapter to bring the shifter up to normal height. It took me all of 2 hours to do by myself. A good floor jack, jackstands and some scrap pieces of 4x4 post is all I used.
Would you happen to have any before and after pics?

·
Registered
26 Posts
KJeeper.. You're right.. They are obvious in the front.. Like I said it works for me. I plan to change the front bumper in the near future and hopefully be able to close the gap up. I raised the rear up so it's not as noticeable. I will not even comment on the post previous to yours. I don't think Dan had a very happy childhood.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
KJeeper.. You're right.. They are obvious in the front.. Like I said it works for me. I plan to change the front bumper in the near future and hopefully be able to close the gap up. I raised the rear up so it's not as noticeable. I will not even comment on the post previous to yours. I don't think Dan had a very happy childhood.
You asked and I answered. The look of it is why I wouldn’t do a 2” BL on a JK.

Seems I struck a nerve to garner a personal attack, but I am still your friend.:huglove:

-Dan

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same here Dan!! No nerves struck at all!! We can all have our own views and get along.. After all we do share a common interest!! Gotta pick at ya a little though!! :)

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
Same here Dan!! No nerves struck at all!! We can all have our own views and get along.. After all we do share a common interest!! Gotta pick at ya a little though!! :)
Cool, cool. I know the RC 1.25” BL comes with rear brackets to move your rear bumper up, does the 2”?

Now something constructive.

I don’t know why they don’t come with front bumper relocation brackets but I bet one can be fabricated easily. If you aren’t a Rubicon, then you wouldn’t have to worry about exposing the sway bar motor. You would probably have to chop off the crash bar, but you could install a skid plate, hopefully. I don’t think an aftermarket bumper alone will fill the front gap.:beerdrinking:

-Dan

·
Registered
446 Posts
Before After
It doesn't look that bad at all. The front gaps are one thing but I'm sure a new bumper will close that up. It's a really nice looking rig. Are you running any type of suspension lift? Also is there any noticeable difference in how it rides since the BL went on?
Sorry for all the questions. I've been reading the pros/cons BL argument that always seem to pop up and I'd like to hear from someone with hands on experience.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dan, I've been trying to figure out how to raise the bumper and keep enough strength to add a winch in the future. Not gonna be easy!

JCom,THANKS. It has a 4 inch RC lift at the moment as well as the 2 inch BL. No not any noticeable difference in ride or handling, especially since installing the front CA drop brackets and getting the camber in spec. Slowly adding the adjustable CA's to all four corners.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts