Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this before posting and didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone purchased the Rough Country vented Hood for the Jeep JK?
I purchased the regular Rubicon model back in 2016 instead of the HR version because I knew I would end up replacing all the parts that make up the Hard Rock but I've always wanted the HR hood.
Anyway, I was on Synergys site and saw that Rough Country has a hood out that's almost identical to the Hard Rock hood but it has instead an additional vent in the middle of the hood, otherwise it looks dang near close to the Mopar HR version.

Link to hood
https://www.polyperformance.com/rough-country-jeep-jk-vented-performance-hood

Anyone have this or seen one in person ?

Ive never purchased any Rough Country stuff so if I did this would be a first.

Reactions: kodgil58

·
Registered
30 Posts
The only Rough Country product I have is their seat covers but they are well made and had good reviews.

That hood looks great and is pretty well priced. Now I want one!

·
Registered
50 Posts
One thing to consider is the additional cost of painting it if you want it color matched to your Jeep. You may call local paint shops and get some quotes, other than that it looks nice for $550, may have to look into this myself. Would love to see pics of people with them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing to consider is the additional cost of painting it if you want it color matched to your Jeep. You may call local paint shops and get some quotes, other than that it looks nice for $550, may have to look into this myself. Would love to see pics of people with them installed.
Yeah, will definitely get it painted thats a given, Im guessing between $200 to $300 based on other parts I've had painted in the past.

Im assuming its a very new release as I've googled it and tried to find pics but came up with nothing, Rough Country does have a neat video on you tube.

The Mopar HR hood which is my favorite of all the hoods for its clean lines and simplicity is between $850 to $950 - so its a decent cost savings and comes with another vent on top.

So even with getting it painted its cheaper then the Mopar HR hood because it comes primered as well
Hoping someone that's purchased might see this thread and chime in.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Well someone’s gotta buy it first, might as well be you haha. No, I’m sure someone on the forum is using one. I’ll go watch that YouTube video though.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Maybe it’s me, but the hood looks short in a couple of the pics.
It doesn’t line up with the fenders along the grill.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Maybe it’s me, but the hood looks short in a couple of the pics.
It doesn’t line up with the fenders along the grill.
It could be that the "eyebrow" or angry bird grill is throwing perceptions off too- it would be easier to judge with an OEM grille on the display Jeep in the dealer's photos.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, will definitely get it painted thats a given, Im guessing between $200 to $300 based on other parts I've had painted in the past.

Im assuming its a very new release as I've googled it and tried to find pics but came up with nothing, Rough Country does have a neat video on you tube.

The Mopar HR hood which is my favorite of all the hoods for its clean lines and simplicity is between $850 to $950 - so its a decent cost savings and comes with another vent on top.

So even with getting it painted its cheaper then the Mopar HR hood because it comes primered as well
Just as an FYI, I recently got the 10A Mopar hood, it was only $706 from my local dealer (and this was the kit price, insulation - pins - hood vents) due to conquest customer pricing which they give me each time. In addition to that shipping was obviously free and they dropped it at my body shop. The hood comes ready for paint.

My body shop was $500 for painting and installing. (Obviously location dependent with pricing)
Fitment was perfect.

The hood you posted looks good. Just be aware that you can get the official Mopar 10A kit not too different in pricing.

Reactions: Ducman

·
Registered
35 Posts
So has anyone tried the rough country vented hood yet? I was looking for info on condition the hood when was received after shipping and how well the fit was?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
I personally prefer this hood : https://amzn.to/2l8adPd with these hood latches: https://amzn.to/2l9ToU5

Perfect combo

That is less on the Quadratec site even without the Wrangler Forum discount (if it applies to DV8 products).

Also just for another price check, last year I had my TJ painted last year at a restoration shop and they did a great job and I actually have a detailed bill. To paint and repair my hood was $652.93, of that $250.80 was the repair labor. The repair was to take a large dent out of the hood put there by the PO' oldest son when he was about 11 and climbed up on the Jeep. But, the shop did not have to do any work to fit the hood as it was the original hood they were putting back on.

After market hoods do require some fitting, some require a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts