Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. So, after looking over countless threads on here and changing my mind about 15 times on what to do. I decided to go with Rough Country's new 4 inch N2.0 Series lift kit. I have a few friends around here already running on Rough Country and all had told me I would be more than happy with this lift for what I do. I drive my Jeep constantly. I'm surrounded by National Forest area where I live so I do some off-roading but I'm not out to see how far I can push it. I found a local dealer who sold me this lift for $490 final price with tax and shipping so I figured why not. I had the lift in 2 days and just did the instillation a few days ago. I did the lift myself with the help of a buddy who has installed 3 already. Everything was packaged just as it was said to be, no issues with parts missing or damaged. We did the work in a local shop and it took about 6 hours all together. Instillation went very smooth and we had no problems. It's only been 4 days now but I am more than impressed with my experience up to this point. Could not be more pleased with the appearance and the handling is great. In fact, I would say that it's an improvement over the factory ride I had before :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires are Kumho Road Venture MT (33x12.50), wheels are Cragar (15x8 with 3.75 backspacing). I found them used. I don't think they could have had 10,000 miles on them. A local body shop had them on a wrecked TJ. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I figured why not. I probably would not have went with them otherwise but once I saw them I really liked the look. Took them off his hands and am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Looks good!, I am running the Rough Country 2.2 shocks and I hate them, I have heard that the n2.0 shocks are a little softer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks good! This lift is so confusing every time I think I want to try it I read what a bad lift it is, then I read where people love it . That looks nice good job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a difficult decision for me. I had read a lot of comments from people with negative experiences which had me shopping several different options. In the end I decided on this lift because a had people around me who had went with Rough Country. Being able to see it in person and get positive feed back was what swayed me. Not to mention the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks really good. I have kumo MTs on my ZJ you will like them. I do a lot more stuff off road in 2wd then 4wd when I had my maxxis.
I have a ? Did you get a SYE? Do you have any vibs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Only did the T-case drop which came with the lift. No SYE. I have a very small vibration at low speeds. It's hardly noticable so I don't know if this is what is eliminated by doing the SYE? I had more vibes than this out of the last set of mud tire I ran on the old jeep. If that's all it is I don't know that it's needed for me. I need to throw my buddy who helped me with the install back in her and go for a ride. Just to see what he thinks :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
harvic4 said:
Only did the T-case drop which came with the lift. No SYE. I have a very small vibration at low speeds. It's hardly noticable so I don't know if this is what is eliminated by doing the SYE? I had more vibes than this out of the last set of mud tire I ran on the old jeep. If that's all it is I don't know that it's needed for me. I need to throw my buddy who helped me with the install back in her and go for a ride. Just to see what he thinks :confused:
its prob nothing that needs it. Ive checked there site they dont even recommend one. Maybe you dont need it. That would sell ne on this kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had my local mechanic check my work today on my front end alignment (did that myself after the lift was done). Turns out one of my Rims was slightly bent. Ordering a new one tomorrow. I'm wondering if that might not have been what I was feeling :whistling:

·
Registered
885 Posts
i also just installed a full suspension kit. most of the components are rough country. i had some major vibes but i installed full adjustable control arms so i checked the pinion angle and it was off. after adjusting my rear uppers it became very minimal. i was told the correct rear pinion sngle should be 21 degrees. without control arms tho you will need an SYE. nice looking rig tho

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did U need any add ons to the 4 inch lift or is it good as is?? I have also been looking at the rc 4" lift but don't have much money. If you need add ons are they urgent or can I drive a few months woth it as is whilst saving money??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks nice. That kit had the solid CAs with poly bushings? How is the articulation?

·
Registered
885 Posts
as far as the kit goes i received it through trading other jeep stuff so i didnt have to pay out any cash. i got 8 rc x-flex adjustable CA's that had currie johnny joints on the end. they are beefy arms. i got 4" springs, nitro shocks, an adjustable fron track bar, bump stop extensions and 4" rear sway bar links, and a drop pitman. didnt use the pitman arm. after putting the lift on im still tweaking the control arm lengths and pinion angle. im doin a TC drop tonight (temporary). the things that are a must to be able offroad are a rear adjustable track bar, rear shock mount extensions, and extended brake lines.

i havent offroaded it yet but so not sure about the articulation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rc

Hi, i just ordered the Xseries 4" complete kit myself. Everything i have read about it suggests RC is selling a solid product and the only one on the market that comes with all 8 CAs, not to mention that they are adjustable flex arms and all the other stuff included for an incredible price ($1099.00 Morris 4X4). I'd really like to know what makes all those other brands kits than have half the parts and cost twice the price, so much better?

·
Registered
885 Posts
its a good kit. i heard the flex joints arent too great though, only drawback. i think thats why the prrvious owner replaced the ones i have with currie johnny joints. overall better than stock. very beefy and solid control arms

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The only thing I ordered extra was a track bar relocation bracket for the front. No drop pitman arm, and didn't have to do anything with the brake lines. No issues for me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts