Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to order the rough country 3.75" combo lift for my 98 TJ and I was wondering if anybody has this lift and could give me some info on whether or not its worth the money.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
swampbuggy98 said:
So which crowd are you a part of? I've read good and mediocre reviews about it
I would buy a RC lift I'm actually thinking about the just the 2.5" lift. I don't like the look of body lifts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just ordered my rough country last week was supposed to be dropped off today but still waiting. I have heard good thing and my buddy has put three rough country lifts in his last three trucks and said good things about them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i bought that lift and i noticed that the coils seem to sag and i had to switch out with RE coils. now i have an LJ so i am a little heavier and i have a winch on the front so that may be reason for some of the sagging.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have about 1k miles on my x-flex control arms, no complaints so far.

One good thing about RC is they have a lifetime warrenty on their products so if a bushing goes out prematurely they'll replace it

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I gotta ask? Is there anyone out there that has 50, 60, 70, or more thousand miles on their RC lift? and if so, how happy are you with it? I'm very skeptical of RC products as all the positive reviews I have read, where owners are happy, are all within the first year or so after installation.. Any takers?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have yet to hear much that's good about rc except for the price. Zone gets a lot of positive reviews and is priced similarly.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Then it begs the question? Any positive reviews on the Zone suspension after several 10s of thousands of miles? I hear all these positive reviews on these kits, but never any long term reviews.. Just curious, as my mind is made up on my next suspension upgrade..

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Rubicondon53 said:
Then it begs the question? Any positive reviews on the Zone suspension after several 10s of thousands of miles? I hear all these positive reviews on these kits, but never any long term reviews.. Just curious, as my mind is made up on my next suspension upgrade..
I have a reputable local shop that will not touch rough country stuff because every kit they have agreed to install in the past was missing parts. That's the pre 1 mile review that I have heard. On the flip side, most reviews I read from those who have had them for any length of time usually talk about the fact that the kit works to fit larger tires, but then the springs start to sag and they ride poorly from day one. There are quite a few kits I would recommend but being that budget is a concern I would look at zone. They don't have a lot of longer term users but they at least are starting off well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ya my springs sag a little but with 120 lb winch steel bumpers sliders underbody protection and my fat a$$ I can live with it. still rides great after 25,000 miles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts