Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought a 2.5" rough country lift. It's just a spacer lift with shock relocation brackets, new 17" rims and some 35's. I bought this lift mainly because I don't plan on doing any major off roading and when I do it will be more mud and trails than rocks. However since I bought the lift I have heard a lot of people talk bad about rough country items. I haven't installed it yet and I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experience with rough country. I live in a somewhat remote part of Alaska and shipping anything is pricey so return is almost a non option.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
rough country is usually considered bottom of the barrel. that being said, there are plenty of happy jeepers running their stuff with no problems.

besides, it's some plastic spacers. what could really go wrong! a $3000 longarm kit on the other hand....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Considering you aren't going to be able to return it. I say give it a whirl. If it doesn't work out you can get something else. If it does. Great!

Good luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet guys thanks for the input, I mean like I said I don't have a lot of options where I live!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Gerneral bottom of the barrel is a bit steep. They make some good stuff and some not so good stuff. I was not happy with their coil lift for the jk and ended up swapping it out but a puck lift is a puck lift imo and you should be fine.

They are good about warrantee items so no worries there.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
They are bottom of the barrel. Bad coils, bad shocks, bad joints…

Like other’s said a budget boost is a budget boost. Should be good to go on it.

-Dan

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have run the 2.5 series II, RC lift for four years now. it uses aluminum pucks, rear trac bar relo bracket and rear sway bar links. does not change how the Jeep rides because the springs and shocks are stock. you will want to change springs and shocks in the future though.
it's a good stater kit to get you on the trail and figure out what you can do and want to do in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have run the 2.5 series II, RC lift for four years now. it uses aluminum pucks, rear trac bar relo bracket and rear sway bar links. does not change how the Jeep rides because the springs and shocks are stock. you will want to change springs and shocks in the future though.
it's a good stater kit to get you on the trail and figure out what you can do and want to do in the future.
How frequently do you wheel it? Any issues with the rear track bar bracket?

I'm seriously considering this kit. Yeah its cheap, but how can you screw up spacers?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I ran a RC suspensionlift (3.5) for 3 years on min and wheeled the hel out of it without an issue.... that being said I have heard of others who had problems. Never did the lift your talking about though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
lift

can anyone tell me if you are able to add a leveling on a 4'' lift without putting on new driveshaft 2010 4 door sahara

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Friends don't let friends lift and level.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
the pro comp 4 lift lifts both front and back equal therefore im still wanting to level out the jeep front with the back without needing the new driveshaft
Most lifts I know of level the jeep. The front coils are longer.

4" is a lot of lift and overkill unless you plan to run 40"or bigger tires.

The height will put a lot of strain on your driveline. You will need control arms/track bars and some sort of steering correction.

Most folks here will run 2.5" w/ 33's or 35's

Just be very aware what you're getting into lifting 3-4"

·
Registered
386 Posts
How frequently do you wheel it? Any issues with the rear track bar bracket?

I'm seriously considering this kit. Yeah its cheap, but how can you screw up spacers?
I usually get off road at least once a month for the last 3 years, however, this summer I have run into eye problems which have kept me home. have laser surgery the next two weeks, which should get me back on the road/off road soon.
no problems with the rear track bar bracket, it is spot on. just make sure all bolts are tight and stay that way.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts