Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard good and bad about the rough country lift kits, most of the bad has been about the 4" springs sagging. What about the 2.5" springs, anyone have experience with this kit. Jeep YJ Suspension Lift
Thanks.....

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
i thought about this but they make two inch lift shackles but i wasn't sure witch would be better

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well i can say his,,, i bought my YJ with a 4" rough country kit that had been installed 2 years prior... In the course of my rebuild i replaced the kit do to rust and improper install with the same exact kit from rough country... The height was the same.. they didin't sag as far as i could tell.... I honstestly think for the cost, you can't go wrong with the RC kit... Hope this helps..

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I love my RC lift. only had it a few months, but it takes a major beating and has not sagged a bit.

Jeff

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same here I have a rough country 4 inch lift. I haven't had it long but it rides great. I have heard they sag from installing shackels with the lift. That is just what I have heard it could be a bunch of crap. I have 2 inch shackels on top of the lift and I love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. I thought about the 4" lift, but I know this Jeep will see mostly asphalt, with a little mud, I think the 2.5" should work good.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks for the replys. I thought about the 4" lift, but I know this Jeep will see mostly asphalt, with a little mud, I think the 2.5" should work good.
Hey, i have had my jeep for 2 months now and it has seen 100% asphalt and 0% mud... the 4" lift doesn't phase me one bit and i have had it up to 90+ mph with zero issuses.... She won;t see mud till i'm done with it..

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Hey, i have had my jeep for 2 months now and it has seen 100% asphalt and 0% mud... the 4" lift doesn't phase me one bit and i have had it up to 90+ mph with zero issuses.... She won;t see mud till i'm done with it..
From my experience, you will never be "done with it". So take it out and see what she can do. My Jeep suprises me pretty much every time I take it off road.

Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
speaking of suprises i took my 89 yj with no lift and kumo a/t out with my buddy today with his cj 4" lift 2" shackle and 35" bf mud terrains and i made it through more mud today than him i was very impressed however i had to find my way around some of the ruts cause i was bottoming out lol :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
with the 4" lift do you have to do anything to the drive train?
I did nothing more than came with the kit...and I get zero shakes and shimmys....and i refuse to do anymore until i decide on a drivetrain and axle..

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
this is a results will vary moment if u do a lift u might be fine with the stuff as is or u can do as little as 2 inch and get tons of vibrations but as a rule a sye is required along with a cv drive shaft is needed for a lift over 2.5

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
did u have the shackles before u got the lift thinking about this kind of lift but not sure

·
Registered
106 Posts
What is sye? Learned what soa was yesterday, but today is a new day!

:blunt:

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
slip yoke eliminator it basically changes out the main shaft of the transfer case for a different one causing the yoke to not fall out and it shortens the shaft in the transfer case so that the length in the drive shaft is greater. this is helpful/needed for lift kits. because lifts cause the drive train to not run at such a sever angle that would cause vibrations or breakage of drive line components.
if u need any other acronyms decoded i belieave that scout posted a list in the faq section here

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks Morphious! I appreciate the assist!!

:blunt:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts