Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good lift or is it just cheap?

I'm wanting to run 33 or 35 and want to be able to ride simi smooth down the road but also go crawling.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
You might want to try the search function, either in the forum or in google if you want many many results from a great many forums. This exact topic has been covered a few thousand times.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Cheap. It will work, but there are way better options out there. Do it right the first time. Trust me, I am currently paying for the things the PO did to my jeep...rough country was one of them

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll dissent here. Why not...someone has to.

I run a Rough Country 2.75" suspension lift with a RC 1.25 body lift on my TJ. I'm running the RC 2.0 shocks. Given the TJ's shorter wheelbase, it's rough (hey, it's in the name) but not THAT much worse than stock. It's a TJ, it's not supposed to be that smooth.

In my JKU, I'm running a RC 2.5" suspension lift with the RC Performance 2.2 shocks. It's a *little* rougher than stock, but it rode like a velvet glove to begin with. The longer wheelbase helps that, the better shocks help that, it's just a good ride.

We have a 30 mile 24" natural gas transmission line going through this area. The 400+ trucks that moved in here to support that crew are all serious about their off road capability and they have money to burn (Union employees...even the guy standing in the road with the flag makes $60 per hour....) Almost every one of them are running Rough Country lifts, and they love them. I take that as a pretty decent endorsement -that's ALL these people do.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
I'll dissent here. Why not...someone has to. I run a Rough Country 2.75" suspension lift with a RC 1.25 body lift on my TJ. I'm running the RC 2.0 shocks. Given the TJ's shorter wheelbase, it's rough (hey, it's in the name) but not THAT much worse than stock. It's a TJ, it's not supposed to be that smooth. In my JKU, I'm running a RC 2.5" suspension lift with the RC Performance 2.2 shocks. It's a *little* rougher than stock, but it rode like a velvet glove to begin with. The longer wheelbase helps that, the better shocks help that, it's just a good ride. We have a 30 mile 24" natural gas transmission line going through this area. The 400+ trucks that moved in here to support that crew are all serious about their off road capability and they have money to burn (Union employees...even the guy standing in the road with the flag makes $60 per hour....) Almost every one of them are running Rough Country lifts, and they love them. I take that as a pretty decent endorsement -that's ALL these people do.
Union employees...even the guy standing in the road with the flag makes $60 per hour....) Almost every one of them are running Rough Country lifts, and they love them. I take that as a pretty decent endorsement -that's ALL these people do.

^^^ this has nothing to do with quality. RC is bottom of the barrel. Springs sag, shocks suck.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I'll dissent here. Why not...someone has to.

I run a Rough Country 2.75" suspension lift with a RC 1.25 body lift on my TJ. I'm running the RC 2.0 shocks. Given the TJ's shorter wheelbase, it's rough (hey, it's in the name) but not THAT much worse than stock. It's a TJ, it's not supposed to be that smooth.
Now there's an endorsement....:rofl2: Get a good lift and it will drive better than stock.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Why UPGRADE your suspension to get a WORSE ride?? Do like me, research research research and buy quality components. Don't cheap out on suspension.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Union employees...even the guy standing in the road with the flag makes $60 per hour....) Almost every one of them are running Rough Country lifts, and they love them. I take that as a pretty decent endorsement -that's ALL these people do. ^^^ this has nothing to do with quality. RC is bottom of the barrel. Springs sag, shocks suck.
I respectfully disagree, but I'm happy with what I have. I spend a lot of time hanging out at my local shop, and the union guys have money to burn. They're off road every single day. They skimp on nothing. If they thought the more expensive lifts were worth it, believe me, they'd buy it without blinking.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
I respectfully disagree, but I'm happy with what I have. I spend a lot of time hanging out at my local shop, and the union guys have money to burn. They're off road every single day. They skimp on nothing. If they thought the more expensive lifts were worth it, believe me, they'd buy it without blinking.
Hogwash

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Teraflex is smoother than stock. Costs more. I love it. Not the reason for my post though. Crackheads got money to burn. So does Donald trump. Who cares? Like I want either of them touching my jeep. Enjoy your Stuff. People are people. Union or not. When I was union you would have a 50/50 chance the guy working on your house wasn't high. Retarded reasoning. I've never seen an re kit but union guys buying them means nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I have run RC lifts, springs and components for over 4 years, I wheel hard, I don't care about "how it rides", my butt ain't delicate, if it 'rides too rough' your spending too much time at the mall and not enough in the rocks. RC has stood up to a lot of abuse (mostly in the forums) and they have had some issues back around the turn of the millenium but they addressed them and made corrections when needed. If your shocks suck it's because you didn't bother reading about what you were getting and ordered the 2.2 instead of the 2.0 (for serious off-roading you need the 2.0, the 2.2's are for the curbs at the mall, it's not horsepower, higher numbers aren't always better). I have run a few RC lifts, and have built my own system from primarily RC components. What you have to remember is that NO LIFT KIT IS COMPLETE ! ! ! If you can't be bothered to read and research then you deserve to spend 5x as much for the same bent pieces of metal or you can expect to get the wrong components for what you want. Your lack of research doesn't make RC products bad, it makes your decision making skills bad. Period.

- An RC owner and user.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts