Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a bumper to mount my Warn VR8000-S winch. I had just a few requirements for a bumper. #1 Fog lights. #2 Recessed winch. #3 Light weight.
I selected the synthetic line winch for a couple reasons but one of the biggest was that it's lighter than cable. Following along those lines I wanted to stay light with the bumper. It's amazing how heavy a lot of the after market bumpers are. So, after extensive research I came across the Rough Country Hybrid. This bumper is really nothing more than a winch mount plate with fog lights. It's weight is around 43 lbs. Price point was around $225 less an Extreme Terrain discount.
Mounting was pretty simple, since the winch mounts to the plate first it does make getting to a couple bolts a little difficult, plan on having a handful of extensions and at least one universal. Just used my stock tow hooks, they will perform just fine and they were already paid for.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
How is your bumper holding up? Considering this bumper myself, however I've heard that the powder coating isn't great, and people have had rust issues. Anything like that happening?

-Earle

·
Registered
75 Posts
looks good. might have to consider this for my build

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just hope the powder coating holds up to the elements!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Should be fine in NC with the rust, in Massachusetts winters not so much. That's what bedliner is for lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have he same bumper and it's been on for three winters. Yes I have rust showing that I plan to address before the snow flies here in Michigan. I am still happy with bumper even with rust.

I would suggest a good coating on high quality spray paint or clear when new to keep rust at bay.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it the seems that are rusting or areas that have been scrapped up or scratched? If it comes with its own mounting bolts, are those having any issues? I'm planning on ordering this bumper by end of week!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will try to post pics later today. I also reused the original tow hooks instead of the supplied bolts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That would be great! I'm glad the original tow hooks fit, saves me a few bucks for now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts