Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some Rough Country Nitro 9000 shocks in the near future. Has anyone had first hand experience with these? If you know of any other shocks in the range of $35 a piece that are of good quality please let me know about them. Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
For the price I like the one rusty's off road sells. had then a on TJ and ZJ and did very well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thats what i have and my jeep is still pretty bouncy. Ive heard old man emu are good im not sure about prices though

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Emu are twice the price. But nice shocks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just put RC hydro 8000 on my jeep and love them. All the reviews said they are softer than the Nitros- my jeep is my daily driver so I did not want any too firm.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I've had the Hydros and the Nitro shocks on mine and *much* prefer the Nitro version. I'm not running with track bars or sway bars and there was a lot of body roll in corners and the hyrdos were too soft for my taste. The nitros were a very good choice for a street/trail shock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just put a set of them on my 97 Tj and they are great!!! I had the superlift superride shocks that came with my 4" suspension lift and they in no way compare to the Rough Country Nitro's. JC Whitney has them pretty cheap in stock and Shipping is free over 75.00

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank y'all! i got the nitro shocks in the mail today and im about ready to put them on. but im confused about which end goes up. does the piston go up or does the body of the shock? or does it even make a difference?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got the RC Nitro 9000's on the car and they are fantastic!! ride 10X smoother than my stock shocks. Look mighty fine too!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts