Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very simple and, in my opinion, looks great.

Picked up the caps from Chris with JeepAddOns, who got me a very nice price. :thumb:

Comments and questions welcome. :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's really that easy.

The hoop is a Rugged Ridge light bar, and the skid plate below the bumper (hard to see) is by Elevated Offroad.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kjeeper10 said:
Ah ha, very nice :thumb:

How do I go about ordering from Chris @ JAO ?
Check out the ongoing Engo winch thread in the vendor section. They're a sponsoring vendor. Just shoot him a PM and he'll get up with you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks good Mike :thumb:

I've been real hesitant to swap out the factory plastic bumpers. With the amount of salt they put on the roads here, most aftermarket steel bumpers that I see are already rusted out. The capped stubby look seems like a great way to clean up the stock bumper.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks real good man! Is it pricey? I have a stubby kit in my wish list at Qtec for 64, but it is for the stock bumper. Any difference?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZOMB1E said:
Looks good Mike :thumb:

I've been real hesitant to swap out the factory plastic bumpers. With the amount of salt they put on the roads here, most aftermarket steel bumpers that I see are already rusted out. The capped stubby look seems like a great way to clean up the stock bumper.
Thanks--rust on aftermarkets? That never occurred to me but is not cool. I'd be spraying the thing with bedliner every week if I started seeing rust.

But these caps definitely scratched my aftermarket bumper itch for a little while.

DonC72 said:
Looks real good man! Is it pricey? I have a stubby kit in my wish list at Qtec for 64, but it is for the stock bumper. Any difference?
Very cheap--I got mine shipped for about the price you mentioned.

Mine is also for the stock bumper. Q-tec has the stubby kit by VDP, mine is a competing kit by Rough Country. I personally like the squarer look of the Rough Country caps better than the VDP caps. The VDP set mimics the look of the factory bumper. Check out Rough Country's website and compare it to the VDP caps, and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Looks good how was the install?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeepoffroad04 said:
Looks good how was the install?
Crazy easy.

Measure 3.5" from the front creases in the bumper. Draw chalk line. Slice with sawzall. Put on caps. Drill holes in premarked spots. Push included pushpins through holes. Admire your slick tool skills.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Awesome man.. Look very nice! I want to put my lift on first, but I might not wait now... nice photos, such a nicer clean look, and appearance of more room in the front. Best part - no more crap from the front tires on the bumper..

great job!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That looks great MTH! I got several people over the weekend that sent me a PM about ordering them, which I thought was kind of odd as far as several people asking about the same part and then another person sent me a link to the thread and that cleared it up.

Glad you like them and yep, I do offer them pretty cheap. :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts