Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read the Amazon reviews n was still wondering if anyone has strong opinions on either of these products
I already caved in a side of my stock bumper so I figured I would do a simple mod to get a more stubby look

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Nice look!

I was thinking more of the debate between plastic and metal
Should I spend a few more bucks
I don't off-road
This will be for looks
I had the VDP's on my last Jeep. No complaints. I added a couple extra push pin fasteners once installed.
Simple drill/ pop-in install.
They looked great.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I installed Vdp a few years back. Went with plastic so it better matches the stock bumper.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was wondering too ....
It seems as if the rough country caps make a more stubbier bumper
Could this be true?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I'm putting the VDP stubbies on later today. I'm not 100% thrilled with the finish on the plastic - seems a little melty - but it's a bumper so I'm not terribly worried about it.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
So I have read the Amazon reviews n was still wondering if anyone has strong opinions on either of these products
I already caved in a side of my stock bumper so I figured I would do a simple mod to get a more stubby look
I know a lot of people like the VDP, and I might be biased since we don't offer those ones, but the Rough Country Stubby End Caps are pretty popular and they seem to install easily and look great. If you want to give them a try, just shoot me a PM for a quote!

-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
I have had the RC for 3 years on two different jeeps. I like the more rugged look vs the VDP that look more stock. I have hit mine hard enough to knock the paint off and they have not budged. When I installed them I also used RVT along with the fir tree fasteners.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Looks great! That settles it, I will be going with the VDP bumper.
It was super easy. The only problem I had was that I think I left a little too much on either side.

You may not be able to see it, but I trimmed off the front corners of the air dam rather than wrestle with it or do another cut.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Another vote for the VDP "stubby" style here. I found out a few weeks back they can take a hit off-road too when I noticed a nice scrape on the underside from a rock. They're still on solidly even with just the 5 included pushpin things. The RC was a little too stubby for me and the VDP actually matches up pretty close to the width I want in a JCR mid-width eventually so it kind of gives a visual to get use to on the width when looking at my Jeep.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I keep reading up on these end caps and besides cutting the bumper itself it seems u also have to cut the lower cover (air dam?)
Anyway..... Can this piece just be removed or does it serve a specific purpose?

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
So I keep reading up on these end caps and besides cutting the bumper itself it seems u also have to cut the lower cover (air dam?)
Anyway..... Can this piece just be removed or does it serve a specific purpose?
You can remove it. The owners manual recommends pulling it off when off roading. Most aftermarket bumprs dont use them.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts