Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen the front end conversion kits for this style, but wonder why no one has just done a simple grille..

This is the original vs my first sketch...

No idea how to execute, just something I’d like to see someone make as I don’t have $6k for a complete conversion.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,279 Posts

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Put it on the front of a Gladiator....

Reactions: FLEX B

·
Registered
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I started work on a Rhino grille/hood kit a while back but I haven't had time to finish it. Here's a concept drawing:

Unlike the one AKPostal posted photos of earlier, my design works with factory fenders or any other fenders that fit the factory fenders, and the center grille is scaled down to better suit the JK's size rather than using a too-large factory FSJ grille.

Work-in-progress in my workshop.

Don't have any idea when or if I'll have time to finish this project, so many other projects are demanding my attention.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great minds think alike!

I had no idea you were working on this!

I was hoping to find a way to do it without a hood swap... would require some creative blending at the top though...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thing I like about @jscherb projects, he may be building stuff for himself but has an eye on possibly being a product that could come to market for the rest of us. The hinges, trail rack, kitchen, window sliders, what else. The TJ/LJ Safari top may be missing features but it got to market, Ive even seen one in the wild.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
There is already a kit out there for the Gladiator/ wagoneer front end. Quadratec advertises it for DV8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,279 Posts
There is already a kit out there for the Gladiator/ wagoneer front end. Quadratec advertises it for DV8.

When I go to Quadratec, I get this:

DV8 Offroad M715 Conversion Kit is no longer available

I guess there wasn't all that much of a market/interest for it.

Plus, even if still available, I think it would violate @escher 's limitation of not wanting to spend $6K. That might also be why it was discontinued (too expensive). :D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jeep concept in 2015..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had forgotten about this concept - This is way better (to me anyways) and the reason I originally started liking the style... I like the additional width of the center section, and hadn't realized they put turn signals below the headlights. But that strays a bit from the 715 model.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The factory center Rhino grille is too large, for me it needs to be scaled down to look right on a JK.
Wow - I hadn't realized how much wider it was than the JK... The JK is just a baby!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This image is what started my sketch the other day... the "snout" on this, if extended to include the grille, could become the 715 center section.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts