Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know y'all don't need another oil thread. But, here we go. Thinking about switching my JK to RP. For you RP users how do you like it and have some of you put lots of miles on one with it and results? Or, any naysayers out there and why.Thanks

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I use RP all the time. I have just over 70K miles on my 2014 JKU and no issues.

Reactions: Landon0312

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's a good oil. I don't believe that it's any better than a comparable oil though.
I don't think it's worth the cost when I can get either Mobil 1 or Castrol synthetic cheaper.

I also am not a fan of the "extended oil change". Manufacturer recommends ~7500 per oil change (or when the minder goes off). I find that 5000 miles is easier to remember, so that is what I go with. Perhaps I am spending a little more money on doing my changes early, but it seriously appeals to my CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) so it works for me

Exco

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Congratulations Landon 0312

Congratulations Landon 0312 ; moving to Alaska is the most awesome idea I've heard this week . Why don't you telephone the Jeep dealer in Anchorage and ask them ? The owner's manual specifies the oil recommended for Ohio , which goes below freezing in winter , so I would continue with that until I hear different from the dealer in Alaska . Whatever you do , don't void your warranty by adding some stupid experimental oil ; I read in the warranty book that mineral oil will void your powertrain warranty , duh .:bop:

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
don't know about a jk, but I can tell you that my air compressor would trip the 20a breaker every now and then. it was drawing a hair over 20a (amprobe reading). changed oil to RP, reading dropped to 17a. no more nuisance trips. been good for several years. made me a believer.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I run Amsoil and change it twice a year in my Tacoma

1 - 9 of 9 Posts