Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I'm slowly replacing the lubricants in my Jeep with Royal Purple Synthetic. Think I'll do the transfer case next. Chrysler recommends MOPAR ATF+4. I found a Royal Purple ATF fluid Amazon.com: Royal Purple 01320 Max ATF High Performance Multi-Spec Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid - 1 qt.: Automotive but it doesn't specifically say anything about "+4".

The Royal Purple Transmission Lubricant Cross Reference says, "Chyrsler/Jeep Viper Trans 2008 and up (ATF+4) = Synchromax". By this I assume they mean their Royal Purple 01512 Synchromax High Performance Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid Amazon.com: Royal Purple 01512 Synchromax High Performance Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid - 1 qt.: Automotive, which I what I use in my 6-speed manual. Does that mean I can use this in place of ATF+4?

So, is it to be the Royal Purple ATF or the Royal Purple Synchromax Manual Transmission Fluid? Or some other RP product I am missing? CG

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
ATF for the transfer case. It's synthetic ATF which is what you want. Use the Synchromax for your manual trans. Royal Purple is a good brand to use. I use Amsoil but that's just my preference.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It will probably take approx. 2 qts. Just fill level until it just starts to weep out. No two JK's will take "exactly" the same amount.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I looked it up since I am doing the same thing. According to Morris 4X4 Center, Auto Trans 4 Qts and NV-231 Transfer case 2.2 pints or NV-241 4.2 pints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts