Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 four banger, with ALOT of problems..lol. Well when i start my jeep it revs up to 2100 and as it warms up it stays about 1800. I know that is way above normal to. Usually it would stay about 1000 or even 800. It has done this for about 2 weeks now. Its a standard and when i shift gears the RPMs drop like normal to about 1200 but when i stop a stop light the RPMs shoot back up to 2000 or 2100 and stays there. I cant think if anything to fix this or that would even cause this. I have'nt changed anything or nothing. Its really weird. Any help will be greatly helpfull! Thank you all! 97REDTJ

·
Registered
102 Posts
i no what your problem is i jsut went through it with my 97 there is a caron bild up on your air intake and posibly manifold it clogs the sencer you need to clean it out and replace the sencer it cost me 500 to get it done at the dealer becasue i had no idea what to ever 30000 miles clean ur air intake pipe to prevent it

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
could even be the map sensor - but that would usually make it stall out on start up, and in random intervals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts