Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I push my clutch in RPMs go up? And if I put it in neutral and coast to a stop it'll be sittin at 2500 til I put it in gear and let off the clutch. It can get really annoying. Any ideas??

·
Registered
207 Posts
You probably have an intake leak. It's pretty common on older jeeps for their rubber hoses/90 degree elbows to blow off or deteriorate off over time. It could also be a cracked line. Check your intake manifold for all the hoses leading to the side of it. (You should see a bunch of 90 degree elbows and such.)

If all of the lines are still in good shape, and nothing has fallen off, report back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably have an intake leak. It's pretty common on older jeeps for their rubber hoses/90 degree elbows to blow off or deteriorate off over time. It could also be a cracked line. Check your intake manifold for all the hoses leading to the side of it. (You should see a bunch of 90 degree elbows and such.) If all of the lines are still in good shape, and nothing has fallen off, report back.
one of the lines is cracked. Gonna replace it today and see if that solves it. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts