Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right rear blinker failed to work about a week ago. I went out and bought some new bulbs, the blinker will work for a few seconds and then it goes out and I get the fast blinking on the dash again. Not blowing out the bulb as I've used the same one and it works for that few seconds. I also put the same bulb in the other side and it works. This is the only light not working.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
The new guy

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
What happens when you apply the brakes, does it still work and then go out or does it stay on and work properly? The brake light and directional are on the same filament. The tail light is a separate filament within the same bulb.There could be an issue with the socket. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Not sure what happens when I press the brake, but once the blinker stops working it doesn't start to work again until I physically remove the bulb and plug it back in. Then works for a few seconds and stops working.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
check your front bulbs also. make sure the parking lights are working. could be something wrong with the socket itself or you may have a short.

what year is your JK? under warranty, no better thing to warranty than electrical issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
check your front bulbs also. make sure the parking lights are working. could be something wrong with the socket itself or you may have a short.

what year is your JK? under warranty, no better thing to warranty than electrical issues.
Parking lights are good, its a 2007... I got the extended warranty on it so the electrical should be covered. I'll have to see if it covers the actual tail light piece. Will update once I find out. Thanks!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Parking lights are good, its a 2007... I got the extended warranty on it so the electrical should be covered. I'll have to see if it covers the actual tail light piece. Will update once I find out. Thanks!
hmm... typically if the front parking light goes out you'll experience what you've described. might just be a bad socket, could be grounding or a bad ground somewhere too. you're getting the signal though - or it wouldn't flash at all.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Have someone apply the brake for you and see if the same thing happens. It sounds like the socket and/or the ground . You're covered, take it in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so quick update- the brake light doesn't work on the side where the blinker is not working. The front blinkers on both sides work, and the rear left works. The two fender marker lights do not work.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It seems like you're sure it's not the bulb so double check the socket and wiring to the socket for the brake/directional, since the tail light is working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts